Kenpo Stylists

What Kenpo/Kempo do you study?

• American Kenpo (Ed Parker's creation in any of its stages)

• Tracy's (as created by the Tracy brothers)

• Shaolin Kenpo

• Kosho Ryu

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
OP
J

jeffkyle

Ed Parkers American Kenpo!!!!! Oh Yeah!

OP
N

nathan_sau

Me, Im IKCA and RyuKyu Kempo...:asian:

Dave Simmons

Green Belt
Reaction score
I am a no nonsense Kenpo advocate!!! I love Kenpo. However I do not get caught up with verbage about how things are done. Economy of movement is my priority.

I follow the Tracy, Parker era teachings. In short, stay low and hunt with a dash of Joe Lewis Fighting Systems. Fight and street applications...

Regards,

Dave Simmons
http://www.mnkenpo.com

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Doc! Good to see you over here at MT everyonce in awhile. I've enjoyed your tech descritpions, keep 'em comming! Your point of view adds so much to these boards and as a non-kempost, it's great to see the many levels of the art I admire so.

Doc

Senior Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Hollywood1340

Doc! Good to see you over here at MT everyonce in awhile. I've enjoyed your tech descritpions, keep 'em comming! Your point of view adds so much to these boards and as a non-kempost, it's great to see the many levels of the art I admire so.

Thank you for your very kind words.

OP
G

gravity

Hmmm...Finally an easy question
:D

Ed Parker's American kenpo with some BJJ thrown in.

I recently read infinite insights into Kenpo vol. 1.
I was curious about GM Ralph Castro's Shaolin Kenpo - The book mentioned how GM Ralph Castro continued to use the original kenpo karate club patch after Mr.Parker switched to the IKKA crest. I also read somewhere on the NET that the creed for Shaolin Kenpo is the same as the one developed by Mr. Parker for American Kenpo. I was wondering are there any similarities between the 2 systems? Either technique wise/ ideology/ approach etc (I know that Ralph Castro was a student of Professor Chow and GM Parker).

Thank You Kindly

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Originally posted by gravity
I was curious about GM Ralph Castro's Shaolin Kenpo -
I was wondering are there any similarities between Shoalin Kenpo and Ed Parker's American Kenpo? Either technique wise/ ideology/ approach etc (I know that Ralph Castro was a student of Professor Chow and GM Parker).

Since Castro received his Black Belt from Ed Parker and later studied with Chow, there are many similarities particularly in early Ed Parker Kenpo, but not the sophistication of American Kenpo in it's later days.

:asian:

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Tracy's, for me. By the way, do the polls work, or is there a trick to it? I get a "this action cannot be completed" box when I try to vote...

Dave

OP
K

Kenpo Wolf

Originally posted by KenpoDave

Tracy's, for me. By the way, do the polls work, or is there a trick to it? I get a "this action cannot be completed" box when I try to vote...

Dave

The polls are not fixed. I voted for EPAK and had to push the submit button , or whatever it's called, a few times before it was submitted. It also happened with a other polls I voted on. I'm glad it's not just me.

OP
R

RCastillo

Originally posted by KenpoDave

Dave

The trick is this: This "Forum" is controlled by a few here, like DC from Scottsdale, Kirk from SA, and a few others.:mad: (Just teasing here)

Latest Discussions