Kenpo Justsu?

U

unidos

Has anyone heard of train in thist style?

If so, are there any good illustrative books/videos on Kata's and Techniques used?

Thanks

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Well my former instructor had his own organization. But since we have had a falling out. I started my own. I was a lone ranger.
Bob:asian:

Kempojujutsu

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
No there's not. I know my former instructor studied with Seiyu Oyata. He has his own organization. George Dillman also has studied with Oyata he also has his own organization. Arnisador you know what I maybe talking about. Just look at Modern Arnis. Look at all of the new organization that started after someone's death. The reason I started my own was my former instructor was doing things I didn't agree with (busness wise) I didn't want to get into the blame game, or be associated with it.
Bob :asian:

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes, I know the story all too well! I'm not surprised, and I knew you had had to split off, but I just wasn't sure if there was a single person at the top somewhere that all the orgs. looked up to as the head.

Brother John

Senior Master
Reaction score
There is another man who studied Kenpo and Jujutsu (I think his name is "David German") and did a decent blend of the two.
He renamed this blend "Tai" or something like that.
He has videos out through Panther I think.
Sorry I don't have something more concrete. Do a little research, I've heard good things.
I think that Clyde knows something about this.
Your Bro.
John

OP
P

ProfessorKenpo

Originally posted by Kempojujutsu
I have his tape. He takes Ed Parker Kenpo with Jujutsu. We use more Okinwawn Kempo similar be not the same.
Bob:asian:

I believe David teaches a blend of Kenpo and Chi-na, but I'll be sure and ask when I speak to him in a couple of weeks. TAI actually stands for Transition Action Incorporated.

Have a great Kenpo day

Clyde

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
His Kenpo-Jujutsu Connection tape is excellent. He starts out with Kenpo techniques and then creates variations using grappling and joint locks. He was touting grappling as practical self-defense long before the "Gracie craze" in this country. His teaching approach uses an informal, conversational style and the tape is free from the "multiple repeat of the repeats" which marred so many of the other Panther tapes.

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
kempo is not a style, it is a philosophy of studying, the term jujutsu refers to a method ju-to yield, gentle....jutsu-art, method.

so in essence kempo jujutsu would mean that the style of jujutsu is studied or practiced with the tempered mind of the kempo philosopher. kempo is not a style, it means study.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Dragon Kenpo incorporates Jujutsu with Kenpo. This is what I have studied.

OP
M

Mark Weiser

Hello Kempojujutsu could you send me some information about your organization. It seems Dragaon Kenpo Associations are pretty much drying up. All the Websites are down and not running.

That concerns me a lot and no one responds to emails or it takes 3 weeks to get one.

SIncerely,
Mark E. Weiser

Matt Stone

Master of Arts
Reaction score
BlackCatBonz said:
kempo is not a style,

Then why is there Tracy kenpo, EPAK, Shaolin kenpo, Villari kenpo, etc.? That certainly looks like "styles" to me...

it is a philosophy of studying,

That could be said of every martial art, don't you think?

the term jujutsu refers to a method ju-to yield, gentle....jutsu-art, method.

so in essence kempo jujutsu would mean that the style of jujutsu is studied or practiced with the tempered mind of the kempo philosopher. kempo is not a style, it means study.

kenpo/kempo is the Japanese/Okinawan pronunciation of the Chinese term "chuan fa." Chuan Fa does not, in fact, mean "to study" or any deriviative thereof. It means literally "fist law/method." Where did you get that it meant "study?" Wherever it was, they were wrong...

Rick Wade

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
There is a guy here in Hawaii that has a pretty good following on the east coast. I know few of his students post here. Here is his website http://www.kempojutsu.net his name is Kimo Ferreria he move really good but I don't necessarilly agree with everything he teaches. Now that does't mean that it is bad it is just diffrent from what I have learned.

V/R
Rick

BlackCatBonz

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
do you actually think that when these names were created thousands of years ago that their creators didnt have any sort of philosophical implications.....think again. the kanji for hou, has nothing to do with the term method. the word kempo goes back to india, and it was also used to describe a philosophy behind the empty handed style used there...vajra mukti.
just because you havent heard that before, it doesnt mean that you should automatically discount it because you havent done your research. do you know the kanji? do you know the meanings behind the kanji?
i think not......what you see in my post is something a little bit more than trivial knowledge read from a comic book. Americans have stylized kempo....do some research! if you would actually like to know the real meaning......ask

Kenpoist

Green Belt
Reaction score
We study Kenpo-Taijutsu at our school. Base system of EPAK/TRA-CO with elements of Budo Taijutsu/Kuk Sool Won (Joint Locking) and Combat Judo. More emphasis on the Jujutsu as one increases in rank and experience.

OP
R

rmcrobertson

"Thousands of years ago?" C'mahn.

Beyond the way this sort of claim contributes to the constant rewriting of actual history, there are very, very few occasions on which any individual has actually deliberately coined a word and subsequently controlled its meaning.

Latest Discussions