Kenpo is alive and well in Star Wars!

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig

Let me guess:
Son: Dad, we need more popcorn and coke!
GD: Ok, be right back
a few minutes later
GD: Here ya go, boys
Son2: Wow, Dad, you should have seen it.....

:rofl:

/yari

T

tonbo

Nice, very nice.

Gotta love that movie. Best part was, we had our inter-school tournament on Saturday afternoon, and I was competing in the sparring division. I also got to MC the event. Lots of fun. Then, that evening, I went to see Star Wars.

Hehe.....a full day of martial arts and whup-***. Can't beat it.

And yeah, lots of good MA stuff in there; unfortunately, I couldn't cleanly see lots of it, thanks to the camera angles, but.....I'm gonna see it again tomorrow night, so......

And watching the Jedi kick the hell out of those droids? OH YEAH.

Also, Yoda reminded me of some of the masters I've seen.....they kinda walk around, acting all "old" and "worn"......then they just peel out and spin doom all over the place, filling the room full of uppercuts.....then, while everyone's jaw is still on the floor, they go back to the "I'm too old" routine.....

Or, like the quote we use at our school: "You gotta take it easy on me. I'm old, and slow, and out of shape.....".....always said very tongue in cheek, of course....;)

Peace--

T

tunetigress

This Star Wars stuff is killin me!!! I've been addicted since the 70's, when I actually lined up for hours with my equally sci-fi addicted boyfriend to see the very first one when it first opened. It is brutal to think that I gotta wait till it comes out on video. I can't... I gotta get outa here! Someone let me out, PLEEEEEZE! I'll do anything you say, anything, just let me see that dang movie, just once, that's all I ask! A special private showing just for me, could that be so hard??? Murderers in prison are probly gonna see it before me...This is sooo unfair!!!WAAAAAAA!!!!!

Oops, sorry , just having another attack of 'cabin fever', lol.

I've regained control now. I am strong. I can withstand the pain.
I will not succumb to this torture. The Force is with me. :rofl: :rofl:

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
I still remember the first time I saw it. I had just met my father a few motnhs before and had come to live with him not long after. (Long story) I had just gotten over chciken pox (over easter) and Dad and I were alone on a Saturday afternoon. He loaded me up and took me to the movies. It was the first time he and I did anything that was just him and me. I remember holding his two fingers as my hand was not big enough to get a grip on any other part of his hand as we walked through a very busy parking lot to the theater. About 20 minutes later, a Star Wars for Life fan was born. It was a great experience! My wife and I went to see AOTC today, one of my students went with us. It was very cool! Great Movie! On another note, got word this evening that one of my students that graduates high school in a couple of weeks received several scholarships!

K

Kirk

I still remember the first time I saw it. I had just met my father a few motnhs before and had come to live with him not long after. (Long story) I had just gotten over chciken pox (over easter) and Dad and I were alone on a Saturday afternoon. He loaded me up and took me to the movies. It was the first time he and I did anything that was just him and me. I remember holding his two fingers as my hand was not big enough to get a grip on any other part of his hand as we walked through a very busy parking lot to the theater. About 20 minutes later, a Star Wars for Life fan was born. It was a great experience! My wife and I went to see AOTC today, one of my students went with us. It was very cool! Great Movie! On another note, got word this evening that one of my students that graduates high school in a couple of weeks received several scholarships!

Kewl story! And congratulations to your student!

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Just seeing the way Yoda drew his lightsaber was enough for me.

By the way, we teach levitation at green belt. Our superior students can stay up almost a full second now.

:samurai:

KenpoDave

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

and that would be right after getting kicked or hit, right?

NO! Jump kicks. We begin self levitation at this point. We learn to levitate our opponents very early on.

:jedi1:

B

brianhunter

okay...now that everyone has seen the movie...how many have seen it more then once?!?!?!?!?!?!? ME!!!

K

Kirk

I've only seen it once. I am poor and will have to wait for the video. Then i will drive my wife nuts watching it, repeatedly.:D

ROFL! You have that problem too, huh?

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Yup sure do. Maybe we should start the Kirk&Seig fund and get everyone to start sending us money....
"For just 17 cents a day, you could make one of the martial arts practitoners very happy. You'll get a picture(as if you really wanted one) and a personal 'Thank You" note from your Martial Artist.........
What do you think?

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Save the World Kenpo Instructors Foundation.....FTWKIF

Do I get a picture and background card filled out with information on my kenpoite, and a monthly progress report on my adoptee.

:shrug: :rofl:

Latest Discussions