Kempoinfo.com

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks again for this website from Matt Barnes. I was talking to a Kenpo teacher today who was asking questions because he had been getting some SKK students into his school and wanted them to feel more at home. He used to do SKK back in the day but now teaches a different style. I referred him to this site just to refresh his memory a little and it again just shows how valuable the page is. Who else has found this page to be valuable for any reasons?

JTKenpo

Purple Belt
Reaction score
I always enjoy this page. It gives me a quick reference if I forget something or to see the differences between the SKK material from school to school. Looking forward to more!

marlon

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Are you kidding. Matt's page is a historic establishment of the core of our style. It removes the secrecy crap and gives skk the opportunity to be observed, criticized and proven true by anyone. The openness returns the legitimacy that the closed , secrecy era stole from us!! Thanks for bringing this up again master Dwire and thank you master Matt Barnes for the gift of your work and for being the kind of person who could get this done.

Respectfully,
marlon

DavidCC

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I agree, it is important for a number of reasons.

Now that we are independent of Christopher Geary, we are starting to evolve some of our techniques and the site is useful for looking at what others are doing. Lots of food for thought...

-D

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
I just wanted to say thanks again for this website from Matt Barnes. I was talking to a Kenpo teacher today who was asking questions because he had been getting some SKK students into his school and wanted them to feel more at home. He used to do SKK back in the day but now teaches a different style. I referred him to this site just to refresh his memory a little and it again just shows how valuable the page is. Who else has found this page to be valuable for any reasons?

You are very kind. I feel rather guilty, as I've been caught up in summer fun and I've been very lax to say the least on continuing its development. I also haven't been here much.

I'll have some new things to post there soon. As soon as I have a good reason to stay indoors long enough to post it. :surfer:

kosho

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
I also want to thank matt the page is great.
kosho

karate-dragon

Orange Belt
Reaction score
All I can say is invaluable. Intelligently written, informative, why has there not been a recorded history of sorts for kempo before this?? Thank you.

kempo

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Excellant page, very well done. I use Matt's page as a reference and incourage everyone out there to take some time and view his site.

Great Job Matt

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Holy cow...didn't even realize this was up.

Very nice work Matt!

Matt

Black Belt
Reaction score
Holy cow...didn't even realize this was up.

Very nice work Matt!

Thanks - I had a lot of help from the community. As you see, the list of contributors is long. I'm in my first year teaching Math & Science at my local middle school (and coaching too) so I've been a bit busy to spend much time online. Soccer's over, so I do poke my nose in now and then, but I'll still be updating only sporadically for a while.

Thanks again,

Matt

Kenpo17

Green Belt
Reaction score
Thank you, I have never seen this page, but I will be sure to go by it.

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
well, people, Feral, and couple of others are in the forum at least twice a week.
Get er' done!
See you all there!

(Matt, are you going to make the videos section easier for us to post from youtube, or, do we just keep emailing you the links and you post?)

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
well, people, Feral, and couple of others are in the forum at least twice a week.
Get er' done!
See you all there!

(Matt, are you going to make the videos section easier for us to post from youtube, or, do we just keep emailing you the links and you post?)

I have not talked to matt in over a week but I am guessing he is going to be busy starting a new school year. I would think in safety sake emailing him would be best so no jokers put up a bad link, thats me though, not really talking for matt
Jesse

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
I have not talked to matt in over a week but I am guessing he is going to be busy starting a new school year. I would think in safety sake emailing him would be best so no jokers put up a bad link, thats me though, not really talking for matt
Jesse

sorry jesse, couldn't quite remember ya, my humble apologies!
So, are should we email you the youtube links??
Or, just to matt?

OP
RevIV

RevIV

Black Belt
Reaction score
no email him, Im just a contributor. I was just saying that he is real busy now so not sure if hes going to be on any time soon. I was also adding to what you said about being able to post things on his page through a different portal. IMO that could lead to some possible problems on what some people may put up. Everything is all good hope things are going well for yourself.
Jesse

shaolinmonkmark

Green Belt
Reaction score
yeah, matt was going to "Allow" youtube primarily.
That is what i was getting at, since 99% of Youtube is safe.

Latest Discussions