Just got my Brown Belt!

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now the real work begins! Shihan Taylor is up here for a seminar and he tested some of us higher Kyu ranks. I took the test sick, working off of four hours of sleep and my knee was tweaking out, but I went and passed anyway! I figure if I could do that i can do anything. I also got KICKED in my bad knee but managed to save it and not swear. Since I was a trucker before I taught full time, that to me is an accomplishment.

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
what's fun is I can barely lift my arms or move my right leg and I still have a full day of teaching ahead of me.

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Tears, hell! I've not yet had an exciting opportunity.

John Bishop

Master Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well, then do what we do in Kajukenbo, wipe off the blood with your new belt.
Congratulations.

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, today it was more mud than blood, but it was awesome. Thank you, sir!

OP
Josh Oakley

Josh Oakley

Senior Master
Supporting Member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
What I meant with the exciting opportunity post was that I did the test sick as a dog, working off of four hours of sleep, with my knee bugging me. Now I passed and I'm sore as hell. The opportunity for me is to still give my all for my students and help them grow, despite the fact I'm in pain.

Felt I should clarify, since I re-read my post and it didn't really say what I had intended.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What I meant with the exciting opportunity post was that I did the test sick as a dog, working off of four hours of sleep, with my knee bugging me. Now I passed and I'm sore as hell. The opportunity for me is to still give my all for my students and help them grow, despite the fact I'm in pain.

Felt I should clarify, since I re-read my post and it didn't really say what I had intended.

I was just giving you a hard time. Getting to brown is a pretty special step. In Kajukenbo, it's the first rank at which you hold a title "Sihing" which means something like "Elder Sibling"/"Big brother/sister" etc. anyways, keep it up bro.

ackks10

Purple Belt
Reaction score
way to go!!! keep on with the journey and of course
Congratulations!:highfive:

Latest Discussions