Kempo Jujitsu/ Cross-training with Bujinkan Ninjutsu

Discussion in 'KenpoTalk' started by Ryan_, Jun 5, 2018.

1. Flying Crane

Flying Crane Sr. Grandmaster

• Supporting Member
    Good to see you Chris. You should swing by more often.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. kempodisciple

kempodisciple Senior Master

I was half tempted to tag him just to hurry that along.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ryan_

Ryan_ Green Belt

Well, novels aren't usually short.

in all seriousness though, that was an enjoyable read and for the questions, it would seem you would have already read my answers.

• Like Like x 1
  4. oldwarrior

oldwarrior Green Belt

You ask what was said in private ok ...might not be so clear cut then

Also this blew up because I would not agree with him on swords ...no surprise there as most Ko-ryu get their hakama in a tight knot when anyone dares do that...

And the 3 was a typo lol...

all because I will not bow to and will not give up my credentials ....yup I have them ...do I need them nope as I have never nor will ever teach

I will stand by what I said and if he don't like then tough ...

5. gpseymour

gpseymour Sr. Grandmaster

Top Poster Of Month

• Supporting Member
    I'm not sure what any of those sentences pertain to, OW. It'll help others keep up if you quote portions of posts with your responses.

6. Chris Parker

Chris Parker Grandmaster

• MartialTalk Mentor
    Oh, I'm around... even if I'm not "here", I'm "here"... ha!

What can I say, Michael? Life, neh?

Glad you got something out of it. Any questions you have, please feel free to ask.

Huh? I'm not "the voice of the koryu"... in fact, the only person who brought up koryu was you... as well as bringing up sword... staff... "ninjato"... and a whole host of other things that weren't a part of the discussion, but you decided you needed to bring up anyway... additionally, I pushed no "credentials" at all... and, while I get your opinion, I would (unlike Dunc) state that it is "ill-informed", so provided a counter voice to your honestly ill-spirited and borderline rule-breaking "opinions".

What?!? Who asked for anything? The only response to you since your little "blow off" of myself was Headhunter... whose entire response to your post was "lol"...

Again, you are the only person who brought up koryu in this thread... I answered it and countered it... but the sword conversation is a DIFFERENT THREAD. Not this one. So no, it's not because you "would not agree with me on swords"... it's because your posts, I felt, required countering.

Okay... and we knew that how? What was it meant to be?

Dude, it has nothing to do with "credentials", or teaching, or anything else... you have your profile locked to basically unreadable... there is little information you've given on your background, and what you have indicated has raised questions... so I wanted to get an idea of where you're coming from... I don't care if your entire martial experience is you once walked past Seven Samurai on a video store shelf... but having an idea of what your background is makes the conversation easier... so perhaps if you don't get so precious about things, you'll find you don't make "serious enemies" causing you to want to delete your account all the time... (even when I'm not "here", I'm "here"...).

It really has nothing to do with my liking it or not... if you post something that I feel is incorrect, misleading, mistaken, or misrepresentative, I will comment and offer a contrary viewpoint. You don't like that? Deal with it. It's what forums are for.

7. Steve

Steve Mostly Harmless

Neat.