Kato is back!

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
wow. kool. I'll watch. Not knocking that dude, but i think Jet Li would have been better.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Im hoping the last airbender wont be a typical shamalon bust.... I'm looking forward to seeing it, but know I am going to be pissed.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Im hoping the last airbender wont be a typical shamalon bust.... I'm looking forward to seeing it, but know I am going to be pissed.

Now, don't tell me you are an Avatard! :lol:

The animated show was awesome...the movie is viewed with sceptisim from the hardcore fanbase.

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Now, don't tell me you are an Avatard! :lol:
Cameron's movie has avatards. The Shyamalan movie has benders.

Now, picture an entire theater full of Benders. You know; Bender. From Futurama.

The animated show was awesome...the movie is viewed with sceptisim from the hardcore fanbase.
Agreed. But I am still looking forward to it. I am willing to accept that the movie will be different from the show, for the same reason that Batman movies are different from the comics and most manga based anime, even ones meticulously done with lots of input from the author, still differ.

The big question is whether or not the movie is true to the spirit of the show and is consistent within itself. That has been a big issue with many translations of books/TV shows/comic books to movies.

Superman: The movie was not internally consistent, and thus bugged the heck out of me. I don't care how good Reeve's performance was. The movie failed on so many levels due to internal continuity issues and logic holes (though I freely admit to enjoying when I was twelve and saw it on the big screen).

By contrast, Batman Begins was much better in terms of internal continuity.

Daniel

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL, Sorry to disappoint you, but 'Avatards' precede Cameron's movie by a few years ^_^
http://distanthorizons.proboards.com/index.cgi?
their ultimate home, even if (sadly) very sleepy at this time.

I am sadly not up to speed on movies these days...I hope I get to see the real Avatar movie when it comes out.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
It does look good. I just hope they didn't cut the best parts together for the teaser...

OP
ATC

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm pretty excited about the Green Hornet. But why's this thread in the TKD section?
A lot of he movie MA stunts are done by TKD stuntmen and stuntwomen. Yes they use other MA as well but many of those nice fance kicks are TKD.

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
First of all Jet Li would've been too old for the role.
Second of all the movie looks just as it is supposed to be... campy. Just like the tv series. Does anyone even REMEMBER how campy the show was? Oh sure it was a bit more serious than the Adam West Batman series of course... that was over the top camp. But the GH wasn't designed to be a serious crime fighting show.

Thirdly it looks like it would be a lot of fun.
The biggest hurdle the film would have to cross probably is the stigma folks are saying "that guy is no Bruce Lee!" These type of comments will probably be spoken by folks who have never even SEEN a single episode of the Green Hornet because they're too damned young.

I think also Lee would've given the film his blessing.

OnlyAnEgg

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I dunno...it kinda looks ok; but, I dunno...they're seriously digging into my childhood here. Maybe I'm wrong; but, I don't recall the Hornet being such a wastrel.

Attachments

• 19.5 KB · Views: 128

Balrog

Master of Arts
Reaction score
SWMBO and I saw the trailer for The Green Hornet while waiting to see The Last Airbender for the second time.

Big thumbs up for Airbender. And based on the trailer, we're not going to waste our money on Hornet.

Latest Discussions