kata?

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even that's a term so subjective its not too helpful.
Well, we're going to run out of ways to say this, Steve. I think you get my point, though. There are ways to use homework that consistently facilitate learning. There are ways that do not (at least not consistently). The former are effective in that context, while the latter are not.

Steve

Mostly Harmless
Reaction score
Well, we're going to run out of ways to say this, Steve. I think you get my point, though. There are ways to use homework that consistently facilitate learning. There are ways that do not (at least not consistently). The former are effective in that context, while the latter are not.
yeah and I get where you're at, but the jury is out on homework by any definition. Regardless of definition its not as cut and dry as you are suggesting.

Gerry Seymour

MT Moderator
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah and I get where you're at, but the jury is out on homework by any definition. Regardless of definition its not as cut and dry as you are suggesting.
I'm okay with that level of disagreement. Your previous posts make it clear you're a bit more updated on that research than I am.

wingchun100

Senior Master
Reaction score
I was a part of this conversation back when it was about katas. At first when you were talking about homework, I thought you meant thinking of katas as homework. Then I went back a page and saw it was about cursive being phased out and so on. I went back a little further to try to find the last time katas were discussed, but I lost interest. LOL

So, in order to be somewhat part of the conversation still, I will say that the only time I use cursive is to sign my name on business letters.

Latest Discussions