Just funny......

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Very True BUT if both dogs have a lot of fight in them, the little one usually gets eaten
I don't think Grand-pappy ever saw a chihuahua:D and if he had he would have thought it was a really ugly squirrel.

I see a great deal of discussion about technique versus strength and tend to agree that excellent technique can overcome brute strength... but your technique had better be good, real good. The chance of running afoul of another martial artist who has equal or better skill and brute strength to match it SHOULD be a slim chance indeed IF as martial artists me all rely on our spiritual side of training to interact with others. However, being a realist I know that the possibility still remains. It has been my experience that the individuals who will put you into a situation to defend yourself are not trained martial artists. So, train and train hard and do all you can do to tip the scales in your favor. I can't remember who said it but I remember somewhere reading "I'd rather be lucky than good." No matter how good you are it only takes one mistake to get you sent to the hospital.

OP
J

J-kid

just ignore them, hey dont read my threads then buddy.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by rmcrobertson
So, I'm curious.

Why DO so many posts take the form of a) I can kick ***, b) It seems that women can't, c) size is really, really important?

A- Ego trip!

B- I think people underestimate women and what they are capable of doing.

C- Everybody is built differently. I think that its important to realize that you might face a larger opp. on the street, and if you do not feel confident with that situation, then you better sit down and seriously look at your training, and see if you can do anything to improve the weak spots.

Mike

Latest Discussions