Joel Rosenberg

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Minneapolis Gun Rights Advocate Joel Rosenberg Dies

Updated: Friday, 03 Jun 2011, 10:04 AM CDT
Published : Friday, 03 Jun 2011, 9:04 AM CDT
MINNEAPOLIS - Joel Rosenberg, a Minneapolis gun rights advocate and author of several fantasy novels, has died. His wife, Felicia, posted a message on the “Free Joel Rosenberg” website, saying he died Thursday evening at Hennepin County Medical Center.
“On Wednesday afternoon, June 1, 2011, Joel had a respiratory depression that caused a heart attack, anoxic brain damage and major organ failure. Despite the very best efforts of the paramedics and the team at Hennepin County Medical Center, Joel was pronounced brain dead at around 5:37 p.m. Thursday June 2nd, In accordance with his wishes, he shared the gift of life through organ and tissue donation.”

I loved the Guardians of the Flame novels and the Keepers of the Hidden ways series

dancingalone

Grandmaster
Reaction score
If you can find a copy of D'Shai, buy it or borrow it. It's an entertaining read. RIP, Mr. Rosenberg.

Archangel M

Senior Master
Reaction score
I loved the Guardians of the Flame series..but he seemed to start out with a story in mind that ran off the rails into the trees after book 5. I think "The Road Home" was the last one I read. I should re-read the first five books in his memory.

Ken Morgan

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Same I read the Guardians of the Flame series ages ago and loved them,
A great loss.

Latest Discussions