Jade's secret weapon

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
ATC you are right not the fastest by far but one thing I will keep saying is his distance control of each kick and remember he is probaly in his forties when they people you mentionis in there 23-30 that does make a difference.

Just for the record all top notch Olympic style schools have people that are fast but not always in proper body control and distance control.

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
ATC you are right not the fastest by far but one thing I will keep saying is his distance control of each kick and remember he is probaly in his forties when they people you mentionis in there 23-30 that does make a difference.

Just for the record all top notch Olympic style schools have people that are fast but not always in proper body control and distance control.
Yes I will agree that for a 40 year old he is fast. And yes distance is the most difficult thing to teach and get down as an athlete. My number one preaching point to all my students is that I don't care how fast and hard you can kick, if you are not in position to kick then none of that matters.

ETinCYQX

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Wow, he's pretty quick. That's definitely an athletic dude.

But I know I'm spending too much time thinking about the logistical part of starting my school when I'm more focused on why they covered the wall with puzzle mats (I mean, those things aren't cheap) than on the speed of the kicks, lol.

Not sure why for taekwondo, but most of my friends with Judo dojos, sub wrestling and MMA gyms have matted walls. Maybe that's not a full time taekwondo dojang.

Latest Discussions