It's time for a new job.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh it was a dumb joke. Remember on 9/12 when W said the attacks happened because "the terrorists hate our freedoms?" I was drawing a corollary from that - if a LEO ID isn't good enough for the TSA it must be that they're on to you ... or something. Basically I was making fun of the TSA. It's a big target, what can I say.

Thanks for the explanation..I had hoped to land a job with the TSA instructing their employees in self defense..No such luck...

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation..I had hoped to land a job with the TSA instructing their employees in self defense..No such luck...

That is too bad Drac, you could have done a bang up job.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Only ONE MORE DAY as a regular shuttle driver..No more overdressed corporate clowns that want to leave now because THEY have a schedule to keep..No more family travelers with a dozen pieces of heavy luggage and not a tip for for the driver..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did my first day on the International Shuttle and it was GREAT..Its a little scary sharing the road with moving aircraft, fuel trucks and tugs.I dont drive faster than 15 MPH..Some of the security measures put in place by Homeland Security are a little anal, but they serve a purpose and its no big deal..Everybody on these flights are coming home and glad to be back..Tips are scarce, but there were days on the car rental route I toted bags for 8 hrs and didnt make a buck so I'm not that upset...

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Did my first day on the International Shuttle and it was GREAT..Its a little scary sharing the road with moving aircraft, fuel trucks and tugs.I dont drive faster than 15 MPH..Some of the security measures put in place by Homeland Security are a little anal, but they serve a purpose and its no big deal..Everybody on these flights are coming home and glad to be back..Tips are scarce, but there were days on the car rental route I toted bags for 8 hrs and didnt make a buck so I'm not that upset...

Glad you had a good day Drac, they are very lucky to have you :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Glad you had a good day Drac, they are very lucky to have you :)

You are too kind Carol..The hardest part of the job is keeping my eyes of the hemlines of the flight attendants..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The funniest part of the job is watching some of the females returning from Spring Break. After spending a week or two in some hot and sunny climate they return to Ohio and have forgotten what the weather is here..They deboard the plane showing as much skin as possible and freezing their thongs off before the shuttle arrives..

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Farming a three-inch stack of resumes to every airport in the western hemisphere ...

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Farming a three-inch stack of resumes to every airport in the western hemisphere ...

Look for jobs involving shuttle bus operations at an airport near you..

OP
Flea

Flea

Beating you all over those fries!
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Well, life is just about to force the issue. Six months of condo showings to buyers with flaky realtors culminated in a Final Warning for tardiness. The last one was this Saturday morning when a prospective buyer showed up for a tour five minutes before my shift rather than the half-hour lead time they promised. So I emailed an explanation to my boss, and waited ten minutes for them to leave. After all, does the company really want me handling customers' credit card information with a stranger standing over my shoulder?

Apparently, they do. I asked the HR lady about it, and she said I did the right thing but I'm getting punished anyway. :duh: Now I have to be perfect for six months or I'm out. And with all the chaos of a home sale and a cross-country move, that's not bloody likely.

I'll be the first to admit that this has been a great company to work for, and it pains me to let them go. I could tell that the HR person was sympathetic, and probably felt really silly writing me up for protecting my customers' information. But that's the problem with a job in the lowest echelons - there's no room for common sense. It's all about what's in the employee manual, and to hell with anything else. I'm tempted to pull a chess move of quitting before I get fired, so I'd have a better chance of getting re-hired once I move. It's not easy to find feasible work in my position.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just interviewed for an Armored Truck driver position. I did this before I became a cop and it was all good..One of the few jobs I held that if they offered me a shift on an off day I would take it..Now that day I report to my shuttle driving job for our quarterly training and the trainer asked if I'd me interested in a Road Supervisors position.

Its prolly more money and not as physical, but it means dealing with the Unions and our Union rep.Not something I really fancy..

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I just interviewed for an Armored Truck driver position. I did this before I became a cop and it was all good..One of the few jobs I held that if they offered me a shift on an off day I would take it..Now that day I report to my shuttle driving job for our quarterly training and the trainer asked if I'd me interested in a Road Supervisors position.

Its prolly more money and not as physical, but it means dealing with the Unions and our Union rep.Not something I really fancy..

Would the payoff for the supervisor's job be worth the extra stuff you don't like as much? I hear ya about the union, been there myself at an earlier time. If they run a clean shop, it might not be as much hassle, and it sounds like it could lead to some even better opportunities down the road, so to speak.

You're good with people, and you keep a cool head. I bet you'd be good at the job. :)

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Would the payoff for the supervisor's job be worth the extra stuff you don't like as much? I hear ya about the union, been there myself at an earlier time. If they run a clean shop, it might not be as much hassle, and it sounds like it could lead to some even better opportunities down the road, so to speak.

You're good with people, and you keep a cool head. I bet you'd be good at the job. :)

You are too kind Carol..The pay for the supers job would be good but not be worth the hassle..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was informed on Monday that my job driving the shuttle for the International Flights has been suspended for reasons unknown. This happened in the last year, I went from 3 days a week to one.

I only got the one because the other driver with more seniority could not work. They believe that things will go back to normal when the Fall/Winter travel seasons kick in,sometime in Nov.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
During the interview for the armored truck job they asked what I made at the shuttle driving company, when I told them their response was " We dont pay that much"..I was stunned, I had done that work 20 years ago and the pay was great for its time.

Besides driving the truck, there is alot of physical labor involved expecially on the days you're hauling coins. Then there's a shitload of paperwork that MUST tally at the end of the day. Not to mention the possibility of getting robbed and shot walking in and out of businesses..

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Success!!!!! I was offered a job driving for one of the tour coach companies based here in Cleveland, which I accepted..I still have to put in a 2 week class with them before going out on the road, but its full time and the pay aint bad..

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Success!!!!! I was offered a job driving for one of the tour coach companies based here in Cleveland, which I accepted..I still have to put in a 2 week class with them before going out on the road, but its full time and the pay aint bad..

Congrats Drac glad to hear things are turning around for you.