It's all the same

Buka

Sr. Grandmaster
Staff member
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Some of this must apply to who is running the place, as long as that "who" is also teaching. I teach the way I teach, regardless of what I'm teaching (boxing, Karate, grappling etc) and a strong component to it is being a gentleman or a lady in life....and fighting like a monster when necessary. The gentleman and lady part is just part of paying tuition.

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
As I noted, I'm not a MMA fighter, so I can't speak for them. I will say that my BJJ training helps me gain insight into myself, can apply to my everyday life, has extensible principles, and so on. That's despite the lack of kata.

I don't doubt that it does. That wasn't really my point, but I understand what you are are saying.

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
As I noted, I'm not a MMA fighter, so I can't speak for them. I will say that my BJJ training helps me gain insight into myself, can apply to my everyday life, has extensible principles, and so on. That's despite the lack of kata.

Regardless of how enlightened the training is supposed to be. Nobody here comes across as the dali lama.

Latest Discussions