Is This The Most Active TKD Board?

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
We did a lot of hiking.

When you visit Korea, it is easy to understand what Koreans would develop martial arts based on kicking. It's true that when in Korea, I do a lot of walking, up and down hills. Legs get strong in an environment like that. I think that all Korean martial arts practitioners should visit Korea at least once in their life to experience the culture and the lifestyle of the people. It definitely adds something. Korea is very safe too. You never feel like there is any danger from a physical assault or even a robbery, or at least I don't. I have seen fights though, in bars and even kids outside, but those look more like mutual affrays between two willing and consenting participants than anything else.

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
When you visit Korea, it is easy to understand what Koreans would develop martial arts based on kicking. It's true that when in Korea, I do a lot of walking, up and down hills. Legs get strong in an environment like that. I think that all Korean martial arts practitioners should visit Korea at least once in their life to experience the culture and the lifestyle of the people. It definitely adds something. Korea is very safe too. You never feel like there is any danger from a physical assault or even a robbery, or at least I don't. I have seen fights though, in bars and even kids outside, but those look more like mutual affrays between two willing and consenting participants than anything else.
For the most part Korea is a very safe place for foreigners. It is definetly not void of any conflict. As you mention you will can see an occasional spat, but mostly yelling and a little pushing, very rare do you see any full out brawls.

I agree, if you are in any Korean art you should visit Korea. Actually in any art you are heavily involved in, you should try to visit the country of origin. The more you understand the culture, environment, and history, the more you deeper you get into the martial art you are studying.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry I missed replying to this thread before now. I missed that there was a reply to my post here. I figured it was you, Glen, after reading a couple of your other posts on MT.

Sounds like you did lose some sleep over it, since you obviously continue to harbor resentment and hostility towards the list (and me). I recognize your name, but can't remember if you were removed and if so, why. But it wasn't over raising questions, so that is an erroneous statement.

Quite the contrary, Glenn. I hadn't even remembered being on that list until it was brought up in this thread. If you thought anything I posted was "hostile" you might want to go back and reread my posts, however :)

If you don't remember why I was removed then you cannot assert that I wasn't removed over raising questions. You can only honestly say that you don't remember why.

But tkd net is still around, mainly because my seniors continue to encourage me to keep posting and writing what I write. People like Dr. Kim, who we saw last year, told me directly that I was doing a good job and that I should continue. How do you argue with that?

I didn't know I was arguing with that. I simply stated my opinion on my limited exposure to tkdnet. I am sure if Dr. Kimm thinks you're doing a good job he has enjoyed the posts he's read and has offered some good input on the list himself. That's great.

But if tkd net isn't your thing, then so be it. It isn't for everyone. Again, we aren't trying to be the biggest or the best; we just try to take care of our target audience, which obviously does not include you, by your choice.

Well, no tkdnet isn't my thing because, as I mentioned before, I was removed from the list :) With no reason given as to why :) So you can't really honestly say that I'm not tkdnet's target audience by my own choice :)

Pax,

Chris

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Quite the contrary, Glenn. I hadn't even remembered being on that list until it was brought up in this thread. If you thought anything I posted was "hostile" you might want to go back and reread my posts, however :)

I don't want to reread your posts. Whatever you say.

If you don't remember why I was removed then you cannot assert that I wasn't removed over raising questions. You can only honestly say that you don't remember why.

That's not true. I can honestly say that you weren't removed for asking questions because we have never removed anyone for that. Who knows why you were removed. Perhaps your email software blocked the list. Or it could be that the address bounced for whatever reason. that is the two most common reasons why people stop getting the digests. Did you ever ask why you stopped getting tkd net?

I didn't know I was arguing with that. I simply stated my opinion on my limited exposure to tkdnet. I am sure if Dr. Kimm thinks you're doing a good job he has enjoyed the posts he's read and has offered some good input on the list himself. That's great.

Dr. Kimm with two m's, are you talking about Dr. He Young Kimm? If so, I believe he reads the list, because he has been to my house and we have talked about things that were brought up on the list. But he wasn't the one I was referring to. I was talking about Dr. Un Yong KIM, who said I was doing a good job and that I should keep it up.

Well, no tkdnet isn't my thing because, as I mentioned before, I was removed from the list :) With no reason given as to why :) So you can't really honestly say that I'm not tkdnet's target audience by my own choice :)

Our target audience is mainly long time kukki taekwondo practitioners who have a deep interest in knowing what is going on worldwide in kukki taekwondo, technically as well as politically. Is that you?

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't want to reread your posts. Whatever you say.

Of course, why go back and reread what you were replying to?

That's not true. I can honestly say that you weren't removed for asking questions because we have never removed anyone for that. Who knows why you were removed. Perhaps your email software blocked the list. Or it could be that the address bounced for whatever reason. that is the two most common reasons why people stop getting the digests. Did you ever ask why you stopped getting tkd net?

Hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that I wasn't removed for asking questions. It could easily have been for posting on the Dojang Digest since there were several memebers of that list that you removed from tkdnet if they posted on both lists. For whatever reason. Your problem with Ray Terry was pretty well known about and you seemed to let it influence your policy on who was allowed to remain on your list. My removal certainly had nothing to do with my email account bouncing or the list going to my spam filter (I checked).

I didn't bother to ask you personally why I was removed from the list as I knew several people from the DD who had been removed because they had posted on both lists. I figured that was the reason since I didn't receive a warning from you before being removed or a reason why after I was removed.

Dr. Kimm with two m's, are you talking about Dr. He Young Kimm? If so, I believe he reads the list, because he has been to my house and we have talked about things that were brought up on the list. But he wasn't the one I was referring to. I was talking about Dr. Un Yong KIM, who said I was doing a good job and that I should keep it up.

Yes, I was referring to He Young Kimm. I don't respect Un Yong Kim at all (and really don't consider him a Taekwon-Doin) which is why I probably thought you were referring to Dr. Kimm.

Our target audience is mainly long time kukki taekwondo practitioners who have a deep interest in knowing what is going on worldwide in kukki taekwondo, technically as well as politically. Is that you?

I'm interested in KKW TKD to an extent, mostly historically. I trained at a KKW school for a couple of years when I was in college and, while the Master was quite an excellent technician, the style wasn't my cup of tea. I read tkdnet mostly for the historical aspect of things. You can decide for yourself whether or not I would qualify as one of your target audience members.

Pax,

Chris

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
Of course, why go back and reread what you were replying to?

Exactly.

Hey, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that I wasn't removed for asking questions. It could easily have been for posting on the Dojang Digest since there were several memebers of that list that you removed from tkdnet if they posted on both lists. For whatever reason. Your problem with Ray Terry was pretty well known about and you seemed to let it influence your policy on who was allowed to remain on your list.

If you believed you were removed for posting on dojang digest, when why did you say you were removed for asking a couple of questions? As for ray terry, he is one of the biggest jokes on the internet as far as the korean martial arts go. he did all kinds of unscrupulous things that really was over the top, things that you really have no concept of and if that is the type of person that you feel you need to support with posts, then frankly you do not deserve to be associated with tkd net, or learn from us. and where is ray terry and dojang digest now? Your loyalty to him was repaid with what?

I didn't bother to ask you personally why I was removed from the list as I knew several people from the DD who had been removed because they had posted on both lists. I figured that was the reason since I didn't receive a warning from you before being removed or a reason why after I was removed.

so when you inferred that you were removed for asking a couple of questions, then that was a lie then? that is something ray terry would do.

Yes, I was referring to He Young Kimm. I don't respect Un Yong Kim at all (and really don't consider him a Taekwon-Doin) which is why I probably thought you were referring to Dr. Kimm.

If you don't respect Dr. Kim, then that is your business. I can say that is universally respected in my little corner of the world. He is a great man and has done more for Taekwondo than any other single person, past, present or future. He certainly qualifies as a true Taekwondoin in my opinion.

I'm interested in KKW TKD to an extent, mostly historically. I trained at a KKW school for a couple of years when I was in college and, while the Master was quite an excellent technician, the style wasn't my cup of tea. I read tkdnet mostly for the historical aspect of things. You can decide for yourself whether or not I would qualify as one of your target audience members.

I don't think you are one of tkd net's target audience, due to your support of ray terry and your disrespect of Dr. Un Yong Kim. But that type of attitude is typical of the type of person that ray terry would attract. Like attracts like.

But I am curious, what was it about kukki taekwondo that wasn't your cup of tea? Who was the instructor that you trained under in college?

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, folks...

Seems like some of this is may be better taken to a PM... It's definitely drifting away from the topic.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
If you believed you were removed for posting on dojang digest, when why did you say you were removed for asking a couple of questions?

Because, IIRC, I posted a couple of questions and then was removed from your list. I didn't think about being banned because of posting on the Dojang Digest, too, until you denied that asking questions was the reason I was banned. That's why I said I'd give you the benefit of the doubt in that regard.

Anyone here, including you, can go to www.martialartsresource.com and search the archives of the Dojang Digest. There are several posts by people who point out that they were removed from your list simply because they posted on the DD. It certainly is a reasonable conclusion to draw on my part, given that this is the case.

As for ray terry, he is one of the biggest jokes on the internet as far as the korean martial arts go. he did all kinds of unscrupulous things that really was over the top, things that you really have no concept of and if that is the type of person that you feel you need to support with posts, then frankly you do not deserve to be associated with tkd net, or learn from us. and where is ray terry and dojang digest now? Your loyalty to him was repaid with what?

I don't think I've actually "supported" Ray with posts in anyway in this thread. I've simply pointed out that you banned people form tkdlist simply for being members of the DD. And that you have problems with Ray.

As for me "not deserv[ing] to be associated with tkd net," that's fine with me :)

so when you inferred that you were removed for asking a couple of questions, then that was a lie then? that is something ray terry would do.

:lol: Not quite. As I said above, it didn't occur to me that you'd remove me from tkdnet simply because I was a member of another list. It's interesting to see that you are still rather obsessive about Ray, though.

If you don't respect Dr. Kim, then that is your business. I can say that is universally respected in my little corner of the world. He is a great man and has done more for Taekwondo than any other single person, past, present or future. He certainly qualifies as a true Taekwondoin in my opinion.

Well, he's certainly done a lot for the WTF and KKW. I grant that.

I don't think you are one of tkd net's target audience, due to your support of ray terry and your disrespect of Dr. Un Yong Kim. But that type of attitude is typical of the type of person that ray terry would attract. Like attracts like.

Glenn, you should really let it go about Ray. Anyone here could simply go to www.martialartsresource.com and search for "Glenn" in the archives and see posts by many, many people about their interactions with you and their interactions with Ray and draw their own conclusions.

Personally, I never met Ray IRL. When I interacted with him online he was always courteous even when we disagreed.

Pax,

Chris

puunui

Senior Master
Reaction score
I don't think I've actually "supported" Ray with posts in anyway in this thread. I've simply pointed out that you banned people form tkdlist simply for being members of the DD. And that you have problems with Ray.

Not only me, but a lot of people have problems with Ray, mainly with his claim to be all kinds of things that he certainly is not. One of my students was on the national team and he came up to the team in I believe in Costa Rica and tried to buddy out with the team. The general concensus was "who is this dufus?" Yes, we did remove people who supported DD, and if you did that, then probably that is the reason you were removed. Now look, the majority of people who supported Ray with their posts have disappeared, now that DD is gone. But it is really ok because the people who supported Dojang Digest with posts weren't the types that would show up to events that any of my group would attend, including Sinmoo Hapkido or USTU/WTF events. He never showed up to anything, other than the Mississippi Hapkido seminars. It is enough to say that his BS did catch up with him, and that he and his list went the way of the ITF -- down the drain.

And just so we can keep this on topic, Dojang Digest is not the most active board, and never was. :)

As for letting go, perhaps you should let go of your resentment towards tkd net, and for that matter Kukki Taekwondo and its leaders like Dr. Kim. :)

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Not only me, but a lot of people have problems with Ray, mainly with his claim to be all kinds of things that he certainly is not.

I'm sure he did, Glenn. Why would I doubt anything you said given my recent perusal of the Dojang's archives and the posts made by multiple people about their experiences interacting with you?

One of my students was on the national team and he came up to the team in I believe in Costa Rica and tried to buddy out with the team. The general concensus was "who is this dufus?"

Well, being a "dufus" is pretty damning, I admit.

Yes, we did remove people who supported DD, and if you did that, then probably that is the reason you were removed.

If by "supported" you mean posted on then yes I was probably removed because you were insecure about having people in both lists. I know Ray didn't care.

Now look, the majority of people who supported Ray with their posts have disappeared, now that DD is gone. But it is really ok because the people who supported Dojang Digest with posts weren't the types that would show up to events that any of my group would attend, including Sinmoo Hapkido or USTU/WTF events. He never showed up to anything, other than the Mississippi Hapkido seminars. It is enough to say that his BS did catch up with him, and that he and his list went the way of the ITF -- down the drain.

:lol:

And just so we can keep this on topic, Dojang Digest is not the most active board, and never was. :)

Well, this is mighty big of you, Glenn :lol: You've come a long way, baby :lol:

As for letting go, perhaps you should let go of your resentment towards tkd net, and for that matter Kukki Taekwondo and its leaders like Dr. Kim. :)

I don't resent tkdnet at all. I hadn't thought of it in years until it was mentioned in the beginning of this thread. I thought the whole thing of me being banned without even a warning from you was rather amusing, actually (hence the laughing emoticon I used in my posting about being banned). As for KKTKD, I'm not even sure how I could "resent" a specific martial art since by definition it's a thing not a person.

And I don't resent Kim Un Yong. I just don't respect him. There's a difference :lol:

Pax,

Chris

miguksaram

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I'm sure he did, Glenn. Why would I doubt anything you said given my recent perusal of the Dojang's archives and the posts made by multiple people about their experiences interacting with you?
Yes, but Glenn has never claimed rank in a system that he had no business claiming rank in. Big difference between that and moderating a forum and letting people go due to affiliation with another list.

If by "supported" you mean posted on then yes I was probably removed because you were insecure about having people in both lists. I know Ray didn't care.
Of course Ray wouldn't care. He got a lot of his "inside information" from the TKD.net

And I don't resent Kim Un Yong. I just don't respect him.
And why is that? Just out of curiosity.

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
Yes, but Glenn has never claimed rank in a system that he had no business claiming rank in. Big difference between that and moderating a forum and letting people go due to affiliation with another list.

Interesting. What rank did Ray claim to have that he didn't?

I notice, however, that you simply ignored the statement I made regarding the interactions many other people on the DD had to Glenn. You might want to peruse the Dojang's archives for a bit of a bigger picture on how Glenn treats people. Or not.

Of course Ray wouldn't care. He got a lot of his "inside information" from the TKD.net

That must have been before he was banned from tkdnet, I guess. But, just for the record, I don't recall Ray ever even claiming to have "inside information" about, well, anything.

And why is that? Just out of curiosity.

Because he hasn't done anything that I am aware of that would make me respect him.

Pax,

Chris

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Glenn and Chris,

Mod warning a few posts up advising you both to take it to PM. Would you both be so kind as to do so?

Daniel

chrispillertkd

Senior Master
Reaction score
If Glenn wants to discuss anything further with me he's free to PM me. Personally, I prefer to talk to him in public but if not no big deal. My last post was answering a few questions and comments from miguksaram, however.

Pax,

Chris

Last edited:

Daniel Sullivan

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
If Glenn wants to discuss anything further with me he's free to PM me. Personally, I prefer to talk to him in public but if not no big deal. My last post was answering a few questions and comments from miguksaram, however.

Pax,

Chris
No worries.:)

Your last post was not what I was referring to, but the continued back and forth between you both after the mod warning, with posts by both of you.

Chris, you know that I resepct you and I respect your posts here on MT and have no experience whatsoever with Glenn's site. I don't know Glenn and have no opinion of him one way or the other.

But the continued back and forth between you both is simply not going to end well if it continues.

Daniel

jks9199

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
ATTENTION ALL USERS:

Please return to the original topic.

jks9199
Super Moderator

(As an aside --a single sentence or mention of the original topic in a post that's 98% about something else doesn't make the post on topic any more than the bits of carrot in carrot cake make it health food.)

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Only people missing from this conversation is Rhonda and Denise!!!! :angel:

Latest Discussions