Introduce Yourselves

DergaSmash

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Whats your name mean: DergaSmash is a call sign I made up while in AIT doing MOUT training. (Mobile Operations in Urban Terrain) Needlesss to say my Drill Sergeant liked it.

Where are you from: I'm from Minnesota. Born in St. Paul.

What discipline are you training in: Well I have no current school. I practice my Hung Gar, CLF, and Bok Mei as often as I can. I also like to keep up on my Krav Maga.

What do you like to do other than martial arts: I like to ride my motorcycle, go to concerts, read, play video games, movies. I am also a student of NSU with a major in Nursing. And I am a die hard Packer fan!

Age, Rank, Serial Number: 27, Green Sash in my CMA, Level 1 Army combatives

lookey13

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - My name comes from my lucky number 13, as i was born on a friday the 13th..........

Where are you from- Ireland

What discipline are you training in- Kenpo

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- I enjoy all forms of multimedia as iam studying Creative Multimedia at college.

Add whatever else you would like ~! I would like to study Systema Russian Martial arts, i did a master class and liked the concept behind it.

Age, rank Serial number *G* Age:33 Rank:White Belt

50calray

White Belt
Reaction score
Hello people,

SN = My name is Ray and I love shooting firearms including my 50BMG rifle, thus 50calray

Location = West Texas

Discipline = Taekowndo

Thing I do / Hobbies: Collect Comics, Firearm collector, Avid shooter, Own a Gun forum, TKD, Hotrods.

Age = 35

Rank = Orange Belt testing for Yellow in a week.

Anyhow, nice to meet everyone.

Teufel Freundin

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - Suzanne - From what I've found online, it means lily. I just use Sue as a shorter nickname.

Where are you from- Born in New England, raised in FL, now living in CO.

What discipline are you training in- Shaolin Kung Fu

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- When I have time, which is rare, I like to work out, play video games, and watch my Harry Potter movies over and over again :D

I'm a nursing student, graduate in 2 years, and work in pediatrics right now. I pretty much don't have a life, except on the weekends when Teufel Hunden is here. :)

Teufel Hunden

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean Teufel Hunden: Nickname given to US Marines during the Battle of Belleau Wood in WWI. Hunden is actually mis-spelled German, with the correct version being Teufelshunde, but I kept this spelling to stay in line with the history of it. :D

Where are you from Colorado. Born and raised.

What discipline are you training in Tang Soo Do & Brazilian Jiu Jitsu.

What you like to do other than Martial Arts Traditional (European) Archery, Medieval era weapon & armor collection, video games, all things Lord of the Rings.

Add whatever else you would like. I have many leather bound books, and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Age, rank Serial number:
27/2nd Dan

DustinJolley

Orange Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean: Dustin Jolley. Dustin meaning "strong warrior," and Jolley from the word meaning "happy."

Where are you from: University Place, Washington

What discipline are you training in: Tae Kwon Do

What you like to do other than Martial Arts: Singing, stand-up comedy, Facebook, YouTube, playing computer games, etc...

Age, rank: 25, and green-striped, or high-green belt.

Vulcan

Orange Belt
Reaction score
I just found this thread. It probably would have saved me a bit of trouble, heh. But what is trouble to a martial artist? Nothing but a challenge to face...

Hello,

My name is James E. B. III, I live in the Southeast USA when I'm not travelling.

I currently am a law enforcement recruit, training for my P.O.S.T. certification with the local Sheriff's department.

I am studying as a white-belt BJJ under Roberto Traven (Abu Dhabi World Champion), and Muay Thai Boxing. I formally practiced Aikido and Iado under Dogwood Aikikai. I plan to continue my traditional study with Kendo this year, which I hope to teach before my 50th birthday (gotta have goals!). A long time ago I took Combat TKD (I'm 39), which was my preteen start in fighting arts. I also was an undefeated competitor in sport fencing under the Catholic Archdiocese school system, and have a working knowledge of unarmed military and police hand-to-hand combat, and firearms training on both shotgun and handguns (qualified to carry Sig Sauer .40 caliber).

The name Vulcan comes from my personal "faith" in logic and reason, which keeps me stable in these chaotic times. I was raised Catholic, but have practiced Soto Zen Buddhism for the past 20 years. Vulcans are much like Buddhist priests, but without the religious connotations, which I don't want to advertise with every post (though my philosophy will seep out from time to time).

It also is a way for me to express my dry sense of humour. I was born with a mild form of autism, so many people assume I am emotional-less like Mr. Spock. I am actually very jovial, even though it's hard to tell. I actually think people take themselves too seriously, and I think it's ironic that I come across this way in real life.

Anyway, enough about me. The internet is a wonderful way to connect without the discomfort of being under a microscope like real life encounters. So it is an honour and pleasure that I stumbled across one of the few mature and socially open forums about martial arts out there. So many others are filled with shams and bullies.

Thank you for having me.

Cheers

-James

Supra Vijai

Black Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean: Supra Vijai. Supra means "Bringer of light," and Vijai means "Victory."

Where are you from: Born in India, Living in Melbourne, Australia

What discipline are you training in: Ninjutsu, Looking to start cross training in something else in the near future so shopping around

What you like to do other than Martial Arts: There are hobbies outside of MA? :|

Age, rank: 24, 5th Kyu (Green belt) - Ninjutsu

Burnse

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Hmmm... I should probably do this as a matter of belated ettiquette. Certainly not because I'm procrastinating.

What's your name mean: "Oath of God" "By a stream". My screenname is just the standard last name, first initial, except the term encompasses both my brother and father as well as myself in general conversation.
Where are you from: Melbourne, Australia

What discipline are you training in: Ninjutsu

What you like to do other than Martial Arts:

Summary - Daydream, research and create.

Synopsis - Reading, writing, drawing, animating, singing, composing music, designing, editing, the theatre, building and playing video games, walking, casual trampolining, daydreaming, copulating, sleeping...

Age, rank: 22, 5th Kyu (Green belt)

Skift

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
Shift, in Norwegian. It's my usual "internet name". I grabbed it from my second favorite band, Kaizers Orchestra.

Where are you from-
Georgia, currently in Tennessee.

What discipline are you training in-
None :c

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-
Writing, reading, drinking coffee, listening to music of all genres, collecting (or maybe hoarding) art, studying animals, cryptozoology.

Rayban

Green Belt
Reaction score
Can't believe I never saw this thread before...

What’s your name mean? Screen name is a nick name I got years ago for my name being Raymond... Seemed a better fit here than Raynus. :|

Where are you from? Melbourne Australia.

What discipline are you training in? Ninjutsu. Jyuku Tatsu specifically.

What you like to do other than martial arts? Lots of things. I think I'll borrow Burnse's synopsis format.

Playing with cars, Gaming, inventing, writing, heavy metal music, orchestra, concerts, driving, reading, models, playing with the pets... I think that's it.

Age, rank Serial number: 26, Yonkyu, 0004733892759290.... Or so I'm told, I can't read the barcode on my head :)

shima

K3NPO
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's your name mean: shima means island in Japanese, I've been using it as an online handle since high school since I had a dungeons and dragons character back then named shima (she was a monk ironically enough) I majored in Japanese in college, always had a huge fascination with all things asian

Where are you from? originally long island (ny) but I live south of San Francisco, CA these days

What discipline are you training in? Currently kenpo and iaido (for previous styles see my signature)

shima

K3NPO
Reaction score
Oh forgot the what I like to do other than martial arts: network engineering, wedding photography, reading fantasy, and watching HBO tv series are the hilights :)

Lee Ch'a

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - Lee's just a name I started using on my MA blog, and I added Cha because it means tea in many asian languages. And I really do enjoy a luvverly cup o' tea :)

Where are you from- From Minnesota, it's a bit chilly oop here, ya, sure, you betcha! No, we don't speak like that. Or at least, that's what I tell myself after I catch myself letting loose the odd "oof-da" and "dontcha know". It's scary.

What discipline are you training in- Tae Kwon Do (WTF/KKW, Chang Moo Kwan) and loving it!

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Read, compose music, play music (guitar, flute, piano), sing, act (musical theatre!), write, learn foreign languages, travel, adventure, watch Kung Fu movies, NaNoWriMo, paint, hike, ...and a bajillion other things!

AlwaysDreaming

White Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
My user name explains itself I think. Nanya means charming or beautiful.

Where are you from-
Gouda,The Netherlands

Wing Chun

Gaming, Reading, Writing poetry, cooking.

Random facts:
I did 8 years of classical ballet before this.
My favorite season is Autumn.
I'm a horrible soccer player.
My favorite book is Innocents by Cathy Coote.
I'm addicted to strawberries and metal music.
I'm a dog person.
I think that's about it...

kodora81

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -

AFAIK it means Tiger in Japanese. Kinda cheesy, but that's me adopting some MA romantacism. 81, well, that's my birth year.

Where are you from-

I'm from Mississauga, Ontario. It's basically a huge suburb just west of Toronto. I still reside here.

I'm currently training in Goju Ryu Karate.

When I'm not getting bogged down by life's committments, I enjoy reading, chilling wit' my cats, noodling on my guitar (and singing along if no one else is home), playing video games, spending time with family, and VERY IMPORTANTLY, motorcycling.

Age, rank Serial number *G*

31. 9th kyu. Hold on, lemme get the scanner....

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean -

The first forums I joined were offroad sites. The name was from our offroad group.

Where are you from-

Colorado

Taekwondo, specifically Moo Duk Kwan

Offroading, fast cars, reading and SCUBA diving.

Been here a while and never answered this sticky. :)

Latest Discussions