Introduce Yourselves

bookworm_cn317

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean -
bookworm_cn317: I LOVE to read, hence the "bookworm" part; the "cn" part are my initials; and the "317" is my B-Day(March 17)

Where are you from-
I'm from Virginia

What discipline are you training in-
I'm in tae kwon do

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-
read, watch tv, watch DVDs, go to the movies, play video games, hang out at the mall(bookstore to be precise), listen to music

Add whatever else you would like ~!
I'm a font of near-worthless trivia. I love anime. I'm kind of a geek. I can sing about half the songs from the movie RENT(which I love).

matt.m

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean - Matthew: Hebrew - Gift form God

Where are you from- Southeast Missouri

What discipline are you training in- Hapkido and Tae Kwon Do

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Watching tv, playing with my dog, chatting up my wife.

Add whatever else you would like ~! - I dig the site MT. I have had a great time chatting with other martial artists. I don't care what style you practice, just practice something. I wrestled while in the Marine Corps and practiced Judo. I have been to several countries and enjoyed studying their art. I believe that if you study another countries contempary art you better understand the culture.

Age, rank Serial number - 31, brown belt in Judo, orange belt in tae kwon do and hapkido. I will test for green in hapkido before green in tae kwon do.
icon7.gif

Kreth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's your name mean - Kreth is a nick from when I first got on IRC in the 90s. I got into Star Trek roleplaying, and since I've always liked Klingons, I needed a "Klingon sounding" nick. I've since used it on almost every forum I've joined. My real name is Jeff, which is from the ancient Numenorean for "great flatulence."

Where are you from - born and raised in Upstate NY, and still here.

What discipline are you training in - Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu

What you like to do other than Martial Arts - Karaoke, I sing in a band, golf, bowling, reading, Playstation

Add whatever else you would like - 18 + 47 = 65

Age, rank Serial number - 39, Godan, 8

Jenna

Senior Master
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Wow! some really cool things you guys are into! :) And Kreth you are a riot and funny guy for real, ha! :D

What's your name mean - Well Jenna is my given name and my dad always said the meaning he took when he named me was from the Arabic for little bird... so here I am

Where are you from - north London I have lived in quite a few places but am born and bred a cockney girl and always will be but an Essex girl in THAT sense I ain't for anyone here you will know what I mean I hope!

What discipline are you training in - Aikido Aikikai as it was from O'Sensei though I have tried several other arts which I thought looked amazing but find that I am limited in their application because I am not so big whereas my Aikido fits me well and serves me well and I hope I walk some sort of a decent path in it

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Cars are my job but my main interest outside work also and my keystone in fact though I have just had to sell my R33 GTR which broke my heart but was my only way to fund a period out of work but I put hundreds of hours into him and took him all the way to Nurburgring which was the ultimate thrill I have EVER experienced and my friend and I and some mates on their bikes we burnt up the autobahn at over 150 through traffic and got some good action going with the locals and their Carreras and wow what a blast but he is gone and sold to a really nice guy and I am back to my little Sei which is in my profile photo and he is a pocket rocket but I have limited him at the top end which is better and a necessity in fact because I am VERY close to losing my licence AGAIN (9pts out of 12 for another disqualification and automatic ban) for being um... cheeky with speed limits.. yes officer this IS my vehicle.

I love my music everything from Thelonious Monk to the Chillis and I love to listen and to play my guitar and pretend I can write a song worth singing and I enjoy making noise and just random sounds and sequences with my Trinity and I love to draw I like to play chess with my dad but never beat him yet even despite being ranked in Gameknot and what is it with dads and chess?? I have also been known to read a thing or two

Add whatever else you would like ~! I have a degree in Automotive Design which is as much use here in England as an ejector seat in a helicopter or an ashtray on a Harley and this prolly goes to show how lacking in forward planning I am truly. Oh well...

Age, rank Serial number *G* - 24 and 5/6ths ha! Rank 2nd black though in my miserable defence I will say I stopped grading after leaving my formal dojo a while back my last grading was in Hombu which I enjoyed a great deal and was the first and only time I have been there and though it is prolly nothing to most of you who train or grade there I will say I felt privileged to have been accepted there and fortunate to have made friends there also

Yr most obdt hmble srvt,
Jenna

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - Crane557- I used to do some online gaming and of course all the names I could think of were taken, so this was one I just picked and now it's easy to remember.

Where are you from- Originally born in Streator Illinois. Grew up in Naperville, now in California.

What discipline are you training in- Ed parkers American Kenpo

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Sports (nothing formal just with friends) Fishing (started making custom poles a few years ago) and who can forget EATING

Add whatever else you would like ~! I really enjoy this site

Age, rank Serial number *G* 37 / Blue Belt / ?

IcemanSK

El Conquistador nim!
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Crane:

I'm from Elgin, IL. I have some friends that lived in Streator. They used to refer to it as "Like the South side of Chicago with Corn around it." :)

Crane557 said:
What's your name mean - Crane557- I used to do some online gaming and of course all the names I could think of were taken, so this was one I just picked and now it's easy to remember.

Where are you from- Originally born in Streator Illinois. Grew up in Naperville, now in California.

What discipline are you training in- Ed parkers American Kenpo

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Sports (nothing formal just with friends) Fishing (started making custom poles a few years ago) and who can forget EATING

Add whatever else you would like ~! I really enjoy this site

Age, rank Serial number *G* 37 / Blue Belt / ?

Paul B

3rd Black Belt
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
What's your name mean - Uhmm..It's my name.:uhyeah:

Where are you from- Northwest Indiana. Known around these parts as simply the "Region" or the "Tri County Region"..basically an extended part of Chicagoland. I'm closer to downtown Chicago than many of the so-called "burbs",actually.:cool:

What discipline are you training in- Hapkido (Hob-Gi-Dough) :wink2:

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- I don't have much time for anything else besides work/Hapkido right now,besides spending time on MT,that is.:)

Add whatever else you would like ~I like air conditioning.

Age, rank, Serial number - Older,Lower,and I forget.

John Brewer

Blue Belt
Reaction score
IcemanSK said:
Crane:

I'm from Elgin, IL. I have some friends that lived in Streator. They used to refer to it as "Like the South side of Chicago with Corn around it." :)
Hi,

Well it's been a long time since I've seen Streator, but yeah I remember a lot of corn.

Salute

drummingman

Blue Belt
Reaction score
hi all.
the reason why my name is drummingman is because i am a fuill time drummer and teacher of drums.i have been playing drums since i was 16.i went to music school in Minneapolis MN at a school called music tech for a 2 year degree in music performance.i graduated in 2000.
im into movies (may favorite types are horror,drama,action and comedy).i like to read.im always reading a few books at the same time.i also read a lot of magazines such as modern drummer,revolver,decibel,blackbelt and various tattoo magazines.
my favorite styles of music are all heavy styles such as death metal,metalcore,black metal and grindcore.i also really like 80's pop music such as tears for fears and stuff like that.i aslo dig stuff like tori amos and paula cole.
the only martial art style that i have ever studied is muay thai.i have been interested in aikido for years and through that i have become interested in jujitsu.i am also interested american kenpo.
i take drum lessons with a techer named dom famularo out of long island new york.here is his website if you want to check it out domfamularo.com
im also a devout christian.
well,thats about it.if you want to know anymore about me feel free to ask.

Goldendawn8

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - It was a Hermetic order that practiced ritual in a combination of the Kabbalah and Sacred Alchemy. They also call Taoist wisdom sacred alchemy.

Where are you from- New England

What discipline are you training in- Bu Di Zhen martial arts and other traditional Chinese martial arts

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- travel, drink red wine, read, and play tennis

Nobody

Green Belt
Reaction score
My name on here is Nobody it relate to how vacuois i am there really is nothing inside of me except a set of kidneys an the basic stuff real name is christopher means think carrier of god or maybe somthing like that not sure if right.

From Kansas City Mo. currently living in smale town in Oklahoma thou i will be leaving somtime in future do have plan.

Tai Chi, Hsing Yi, Bagua (original form as in how the yin yang is used not original style of all) 12year under an instructor in Kansas City, Wing Chung 3years, Jujitsu 5 year, well so many more.

Other interest what are you talking about dang i have no real personnality if i dont get it from martial arts ok. I read books on lets see martial arts an um.. well anatomy um.. well Qigong um.. well I really am nobody wow just like so little for me to think of that would sound so important.

Well there is nothing to add hum. So, pathetic well hum.

I think by now i feel invisible so it just does not mater how high my rank is or age or well i give up.

KempoGuy06

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tell us abit about yourselves here.

What's your name mean -

Where are you from-

What discipline are you training in-

What you like to do other than Martial Arts-

Add whatever else you would like ~!

Age, rank Serial number *G*

KempoGuy06 - I study Shaolin Kempo Karate, Im a guy and I started in 2006

Im from Louiville in the great state of Kentucky home to bats, bourbon, horses and the University of Kentucky Wildcats

Like I said before I study SKK, I also study BJJ.

I love to read (Harry Potter and anything by Dean Koonz), Im a gym nut, I also love to read about cars and the usuall stuff a 22yr old does.

22, Orange belt

B

Bob Wright

White Belt
Reaction score
Hi all,

My name is Bob Wright, I live in Melbourne Australia.

I work in law enforcement and have been involved in MA since 1972.
I'm the founder of Black Dragon Kempo which is pretty much a hand based street style that incorporates everything "that works" including the kitchen sink if need be.
Have met many terrific Kenpo/Kempo people over the years and hope to meet more.

My interests are reading, all types of music, used to play the drums, gardening, B grade movies on DVD (Ed Wood), attempting to surf and learning Swing dancing (Lindy Hop) which is more involved than any kata I've ever learnt.

Flatlander

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi Bob! :wavey: Welcome to Martial Talk. Try using the bold font for emphasis, rather than as standard text. I think you'll find that it's easier on everyone else's eyes. ;)

KeeblerElf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
What's your name mean - It's a name I was given by my friends: Keebler because I love Keebler cookies. Elf because I was very good with a bow and arrow. 928 is because my birthday is September 28.

Where are you from- Philadelphia, PA

What discipline are you training in- Villari's Shaolin Kempo Karate

What you like to do other than Martial Arts- Theater, Music, Chess

Add whatever else you would like: I love to read, write, I go to school and work with children. I want to be an elementary school teacher.

Age, rank Serial number *G* 19, White (Yellow belt hopefully tomorrow)

KeeblerElf

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Thanks, its been a long time since I've been this nervous about something. I just keep practicing all of my kempos, strikes, kicks, footwork and everything else I remember. I'm pretty sure I've got everything down. And I can't wait to test tomorrow.