Instant messaging

Get MSN Dan...I find its better.

AFAIK, each works on its own system. If you use a program such as Trillian though, you can access multiple IM services with one program instead of a few. Trillian handles AIM, ICQ, MSN, Yahoo, and IRC. I believe Gaim is another similar program and there are probably at least a few others. But I think you still need to have an account on a system to IM someone on that system. For example, you're on Yahoo, so I'd also need to be on Yahoo to IM you; I don't think trying to IM your Yahoo ID from my AIM ID would work.

Im pretty sure Georgia is on that Trillian thing, but I know she has got accounts for each system as Dronak mentioned!

Yah - I'm on Trillian standard - it's a free download.

I previously had multiple accounts on Yahoo, MSN and AIM, so Trillian was a great answer - it will tell you if you have email waiting, and everyone on line on all your lists - you can choose to disconnect one account and keep the others open, appear busy on one system and not on others, etcetera.

Dan if you're on Yahoo, you can still get Trillian - harder to hack than Yahoo.

Just downloaded Trillian...sweet!

I use Gaim, covers all the big ones, and a few smaller ones.

But no, they don't mix, different protocals

I'm downloading MSN right now... but you all have confuzzed me with this Trillian thing. Will MSN suffice, or no?

For now...we'll get you up to speed soon young padawan.

[email protected]

MSN is fine, if you switch to another all your stuff is still their. Contact lists are stored on the servers, not your computer. So switching is as easy as entering your e-mail and password.

I see your schwartz is as big as mine...

So what's everybody chatting on? I gotta get in with the popular crowd...

I'll have almost fifteen hours of overtime after my shift tomorrow. :D I'm a poor college student...anyone that would like to donate to my fuel fund, since we're now paying for liquid gold, feel free to contact me. ;)

Chronuss said:
I'll have almost fifteen hours of overtime after my shift tomorrow. :D I'm a poor college student...anyone that would like to donate to my fuel fund, since we're now paying for liquid gold, feel free to contact me. ;)
Sign me up for that list, as well...

Back