Inside Pak Sau

JPinAZ

Blue Belt
Reaction score
speed has its place but so does timing and correct use of technique, all three are important. Very little luck is need. I dont believe in luck. Only skill matters..I can pull this technique off very easy with anyone of any level..How do I know,,simple, I have tested it out..I used to train in NYC chinatown for years on all day sat and sundays and take on not only students but all the sifus that where not affaid to train public for all to see,,What I do on video is to convey knowledge not to show what I can do..

Lol, woah, someone's eaten their Wheaties this morning - that's a pretty tall order! Really, anyone of any skill level?!? Haha, it gets better by the second! Just so we're clear, you are now saying to everyone here that you can best everyone out there with this 'move' (which includes all of the members on this forum)??
I'm assuming you are telling what you feel is the truth. And since you're feeling pretty confident today, you should have no problem also sharing here who all of these NYC Chinatown 'sifus' you've already easily handled with this? Just so we all know you're not full of BS, cause you're wearing some pretty big britches right now :rolleyes:

------------
I re-watching the clip, and it doesn't help the case much that this 'works on everyone of any level'. Every time this 'move' is pulled off in the clip, the 'opponent' freezes. And, he even goes a step further and usually drops his free hand away allowing this technique to work. I agree, with years and years of practice, speed and timing against people of lesser skill, this will surely work! But then a lot of things will work under those parameters.
But in my experience, even a one year student with good fwd intent on both bridges will be punching with the free hand as soon as the bridge is abandoned. This is covered in a very basic WC concept, Lut Sau Jik Chun. I'm sure the OP has heard of this idea...
In the case of the clip, he's abandoning a bridge and trading off 2 hands of offense/defense for one hand of offense while the opponent now has a free hand with which to attack back (or defend the incoming shot if he choses)!!

Last edited:
OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
Lol, woah, someone's eaten their Wheaties this morning - that's a pretty tall order! Really, anyone of any skill level?!? Haha, it gets better by the second! Just so we're clear, you are now saying to everyone here that you can best everyone out there with this 'move' (which includes all of the members on this forum)??
I'm assuming you are telling what you feel is the truth. And since you're feeling pretty confident today, you should have no problem also sharing here who all of these NYC Chinatown 'sifus' you've already easily handled with this? Just so we all know you're not full of BS, cause you're wearing some pretty big britches right now :rolleyes:

------------
I re-watching the clip, and it doesn't help the case much that this 'works on everyone of any level'. Every time this 'move' is pulled off in the clip, the 'opponent' freezes. And, he even goes a step further and usually drops his free hand away allowing this technique to work. I agree, with years and years of practice, speed and timing against people of lesser skill, this will surely work! But then a lot of things will work under those parameters.
But in my experience, even a one year student with good fwd intent on both bridges will be punching with the free hand as soon as the bridge is abandoned. This is covered in a very basic WC concept, Lut Sau Jik Chun. I'm sure the OP has heard of this idea...
In the case of the clip, he's abandoning a bridge and trading off 2 hands of offense/defense for one hand of offense while the opponent now has a free hand with which to attack back (or defend the incoming shot if he choses)!!

I'm not a big fan of name calling but I will share a public picture that was taken not by me, but a well known Weng Chun sifu in Brooklyn. This is the main park I would get together and train with many sifu's from diverse styles. This is only a small sample on this particular weekend that showed up..

NYC WC gathering july 2011_Agnes_Wall_Pint.jpg

geezer

Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of name calling but I will share a public picture...

You mean name dropping? Yeah, that's annoying and never impressed me either. I think we all agree it's "what you can do, not who you know".

On the other hand, I understand JP's response to the way you worded that statement about being able to pull off that technique on anybody regardless of level. It did sound a little arrogant considering that we all know people who would be difficult to sucker with that technique. For example, I wouldn't try it on a large, powerful, and long-armed individual with a lot of experience like, for example, Emin Boztepe. Of course you are welcome to give it a shot.

Perhaps it's best to just say that you have had considerable success with it against some tough and skilled opponents, and leave it at that. :)

OP
futsaowingchun

futsaowingchun

Black Belt
Reaction score
You mean name dropping? Yeah, that's annoying and never impressed me either. I think we all agree it's "what you can do, not who you know".

On the other hand, I understand JP's response to the way you worded that statement about being able to pull off that technique on anybody regardless of level. It did sound a little arrogant considering that we all know people who would be difficult to sucker with that technique. For example, I wouldn't try it on a large, powerful, and long-armed individual with a lot of experience like, for example, Emin Boztepe. Of course you are welcome to give it a shot.

Perhaps it's best to just say that you have had considerable success with it against some tough and skilled opponents, and leave it at that. :)

Yes, your right the word "anyone" is not correct. What I meant was most if not all people I have trained with. I'm not trying to be arrogant just stating a fact.