In France, Civil Unions Gain Favor Over Marriage

LuckyKBoxer

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
well, it's the guy's point of view. (predating DNA, getting married was the only way to ensure the kid was yours)

however, in these times kids are the least worries to get married over. Taxes, insurance, etc are much more important.

Nothing is more important then ones children, and every other aspect and benefit of marriage is and should be available through other means, I think it should be easier to establish these legal scenarios, but if you really think that money and that other crap is more important then children then you disgust me.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Nothing is more important then ones children, and every other aspect and benefit of marriage is and should be available through other means, I think it should be easier to establish these legal scenarios, but if you really think that money and that other crap is more important then children then you disgust me.

You got this wrong this is not about how I feel about it.
many couples these days choose not to have kids or are on there 2nd or 3rd try.
Not to mention that marriage does not guarantee an intact family for the children for their lives - or childhoods.

What is left after you strip these things from the myth of family is the cold hard numbers.

It stands: marriage/family is an economic unit! Blood lines were not important to other than royalty up until recent....

CanuckMA

Master of Arts
Reaction score
So are you saying this is just the easier way to do something, or that its the right way to do something?

Confering the exact same rights and advantages to gay couples is the right thing to do. The least costly/most efficient to acheive it is to change the one definition as opposed to a lot of laws. Not to mention that in the future, every piece of legislation that affects marriage would also have to mention 'civil union'.

Latest Discussions