Im not sure If I work for Nazi's or Morons...

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I got "written up" at work today because someone had an image on their desktop of an "Explicit Nature" (It was an OUTLINE of a naked man that appeared in the course of watching a streaming video)

Because I failed to point out the outline of the phallus to my boss who was standing right there when it showed up on the screen (???? Apparently I was supposed to go: "LOOK BOSS! AN OUTLINE OF A PENIS!" to him,) despite the fact it was not ON the screen and nothing explicit WAS on the screen prior to him coming over and looking at it, I recived diciplinary action. Nevermind the fact that as soon as it appeared he went "That is not appropriate" (which, to any Intelligent human being would indicate he was aware of it and didnt need it pointed out to him...) In addition to my write up for Not stating the blatantly obvious, the girl was written up for displaying the image, and another empoloyee was written up for looking at the image.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shrug:

Sorry. Just wanted to rant

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Originally posted by Technopunk
I got "written up" at work today because someone had an image on their desktop of an "Explicit Nature" (It was an OUTLINE of a naked man that appeared in the course of watching a streaming video)

Because I failed to point out the outline of the phallus to my boss who was standing right there when it showed up on the screen (???? Apparently I was supposed to go: "LOOK BOSS! AN OUTLINE OF A PENIS!" to him,) despite the fact it was not ON the screen and nothing explicit WAS on the screen prior to him coming over and looking at it, I recived diciplinary action. Nevermind the fact that as soon as it appeared he went "That is not appropriate" (which, to any Intelligent human being would indicate he was aware of it and didnt need it pointed out to him...) In addition to my write up for Not stating the blatantly obvious, the girl was written up for displaying the image, and another empoloyee was written up for looking at the image.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :shrug:

Sorry. Just wanted to rant
I'd appeal it

C

clapping_tiger

That's BS. I would do what Seig's signature says, "just Boot 'em"

At least now I know I'm not the only one who works for a complete ***.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I have to say this to my students about their laptops' screensaver/backgrounds at times. I don't stand for it in my classroom for exactly this reason--they ahve to start thinking about how it'd look at work.

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Seig
I'd appeal it

Ha. My boss is CEO of the company (Its a very small company) so there is no appeal for me!

The thing that Irks me, is that, well... I didnt do anything wrong... if he had not been up there and the image appeared, i would have told her, "hey dont show that part" but he was up there and he saw it before I did. So somehow I got busted for it...

I could even see if i was written up for letting her watch the video... on company time. Of course the only real problem with THAT would have been its not really against policy to do it... We have almost NO written policy... What is and is not acceptable changes based on his mood on any particular day. Oh well. What can ya do.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The Boss was just rounding up all the usual suspects. When I get in trouble for something I did not do at my work, I generaly Keep my mouth shut and accept a lump in honor of all that I didn't get caught for. We got enough guys sneaking around trying to get people in trouble without me trying to find out who drew the picture I was blamed for, or whatever.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
write a response to the write-up. most bosses will file your response in your personal file right next to the write up, so at least you get your say to anyone reading your file.

michaeledward

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Just in case there is a next time .. you should practice this :

What a Dick!

:rofl:
sorry ... couldn't help myself ;-) of course, the joke is ... are you referring to the screen image or the boss or the people standing around looking at your screen ---- but I hope I didn't need to explain that ...

P

pknox

Originally posted by theletch1
Huh? For lookin' at the image? What happened? Did they drool on the keyboard or something?:shrug:

God, I hope nobody flashes me, or I might get arrested. :rolleyes:

OP
Cryozombie

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by theletch1
Huh? For lookin' at the image? What happened? Did they drool on the keyboard or something?:shrug:

Ha Not even... He was standing up behind HIS desk looking over her desk over her shoulder to see what the video was she was playing...

(We have "open" cubicals, meaning desks with no walls separating them.)

Latest Discussions