action on 9/11

OULobo

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I was going to post this on the 9/11 tribute thread, but the thread is more elegant without, so I started an new one.

What are you going to do on 9/11/03? Are you going to (force yourself to) watch a documentary or tribute on T.V.? Are you going to attend a religous or civil sevice? Are you going to make a pilgrimage to Ground Zero? Are you going to write a letter to a soldier in Afganistan who is routing out the rats of terror? Are you going to make a gesture to a muslim citizen or mosque to show that you don't blame them? Are you going to send a gift or card to your local firemen, EMS and police groups in thanks for thier vigilance? Are you going to continue your normal life in defiance of allowing terrorism to effect it? Are you going to say a personal prayer?

Are you just going to remember, . . . .and never, ever forget?

*****Beware Preaching Ahead******

Please mix action and motivation with mourning.

TheEdge883

Green Belt
Reaction score
Wish I could say I would be doing something better than sitting at work, but I will live my life the way I always have.

Except I'll have a beer at the end of the day.

Nightingale

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I put my US Flag out on my balcony, wrote letters to my soldier friends (and sent cookies!)

I also just got back from the unveiling of the monument for FDNY by the LA Fire Department. Its a piece of the towers mounted in front of the training center for the LAFD. It was a beautiful ceremony.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I took a moment to reflect on that day while they had a moment of silence on the radio.

On another note I seen a middle eastern person driving a truck trying to get into the GM plant today. He was wearing a black diaper and sported a long scraggley beard. They stopped him at the truck gate, made him get out and thoroughly searched his truck and the cargo. I'm glad to see they did that.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by OULobo
I was going to post this on the 9/11 tribute thread, but the thread is more elegant without, so I started an new one.

What are you going to do on 9/11/03? Are you going to (force yourself to) watch a documentary or tribute on T.V.? Are you going to attend a religous or civil sevice? Are you going to make a pilgrimage to Ground Zero? Are you going to write a letter to a soldier in Afganistan who is routing out the rats of terror? Are you going to make a gesture to a muslim citizen or mosque to show that you don't blame them? Are you going to send a gift or card to your local firemen, EMS and police groups in thanks for thier vigilance? Are you going to continue your normal life in defiance of allowing terrorism to effect it? Are you going to say a personal prayer?

Are you just going to remember, . . . .and never, ever forget?

*****Beware Preaching Ahead******

Please mix action and motivation with mourning.

I rode my Motorcycle today and this eventing, and noticed all the plans in the sky and landing at the local airprot.

One fo the scariest things I ever saw was no con trails in the skies over South East Mighigan and the only thing flying was a B-52. So, I enjoyed my priviledge of freedom, and took a moment to remember that day.
:asian:

Latest Discussions