If you like martial arts history...the new guy is here to answer your questions.

pankration

White Belt
Reaction score
Greetings everyone. You won't believe how I found this site! My son googled my name (the real one) and found a thread on this forum debating the strengths of MMA and the ancient Greek martial art of pankration. In one of the posts, my new book was mentioned. So I started looking around and found that their was a lively discussion going on amongst true lovers of the martial arts. I started to look around at other threads and I can say I liked what I saw.
About me: teacher, writer, parent and martial artist. I started at 16 and have been practicing various arts for over, oh my god, 30 years!! I did all the things most of the older members here probably have. I took lessons, tried different arts, competed, taught, coached and had my own school for awhile. Now age and injury have caught up so I'm not as adamant about training as I once was (and my waistline shows it).
I love the UFC and other MMAs, boxing and movies that feature the arts. I hope to contribute some interesting posts but I'll probably stick to the historical stuff so if anyone has any questions, ask me. I may know the answer but I always look stuff up.
On the sites below is my blog. Take a look at my UFC "reports" as well as free chapters from my book and any other martial art that catches my interest.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT...

Reaction score
Greetings everyone. You won't believe how I found this site! My son googled my name (the real one) and found a thread on this forum debating the strengths of MMA and the ancient Greek martial art of pankration. In one of the posts, my new book was mentioned. So I started looking around and found that their was a lively discussion going on amongst true lovers of the martial arts. I started to look around at other threads and I can say I liked what I saw.
About me: teacher, writer, parent and martial artist. I started at 16 and have been practicing various arts for over, oh my god, 30 years!! I did all the things most of the older members here probably have. I took lessons, tried different arts, competed, taught, coached and had my own school for awhile. Now age and injury have caught up so I'm not as adamant about training as I once was (and my waistline shows it).
I love the UFC and other MMAs, boxing and movies that feature the arts. I hope to contribute some interesting posts but I'll probably stick to the historical stuff so if anyone has any questions, ask me. I may know the answer but I always look stuff up.
On the sites below is my blog. Take a look at my UFC "reports" as well as free chapters from my book and any other martial art that catches my interest.

welcome!

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! Enjoy! :)

Mike

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Welcome Aboard! :)

OP
P

pankration

White Belt
Reaction score
I mentioned my blog above somewhere. Opinions on UFC and FREE excerpts from my book are on the blog. I just added one tonight. Remember to read them by date not as they appear. Take a look. Enjoy.

By the way, I wish to thank all of you on this site for the warm welcome. I've already engaged in a bunch of discussions and I must say I'm really enjoying it. With people like you this site can only grow.

TKDDAD

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
Welcome, I look forward to reading some of your articles on the historical aspect of Martial Arts.

Latest Discussions