If you could train with anyone for a day, who would it be?

Dirty Dog

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside your system makes it harder, that's for sure. But I agree, it's good to get out of your comfort zone. :)

Dead: Takeda Sokaku
Living: Edd Sorenson (Edd is one of the worlds foremost cave divers. If you don't think that counts as a martial art, then all I can say is you've never dove a cave...)

lklawson

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Oh geez... hard to choose.

Potentials include:
Teddy Roosevelt
Jim Bowie
George Silver
Girard Thibault
E.W. Barton-Wright
George Hackenschmidt
Daniel Mendoza
Frank Gotch
Billy Edwards
Jack Broughton

Sheesh! I can't choose just one!

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

Aiki Lee

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Teddy Roosevelt would be awesome...but I'll pick someone else because I wasn't thinking of him until you just brought him up.

Outside my own art is hard because technically I do aiki ninjutsu, not purely ninjutsu or aikijujutsu or aikido. I'll assume though that they count as my art since my art is synthesized from them.

Dead: I'd love to train with Muso Gonnoskue. I've got a speacial affinity for staff weapons and I'd like to ask if he ever did have that rematch with Musashi.
Alive: Serge Mol

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For a far better chef I'd go for Michel Roux Jnr. and his sous chef, Monica Galletti.

these two are class personified!

Last edited by a moderator:

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
For a far better chef I'd go for Michel Roux Jnr. and his sous chef, Monica Galletti.

these two are class personified!
Ramsay has 13 Michelin stars he is like 3rd in rank.
Michel Roux has 2 Michelin stars. How many Michelin stars you get really stands out on your professional chef career.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tez3

Sr. Grandmaster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ramsay has 13 Michelin stars he is like 3rd in rank.
Michel Roux has 2 Michelin stars. How many Michelin stars you get really stands out on your professional chef career.

Michel Roux jnr has class, he cooks for royalty as well as French Presidents, his father and uncle also have Michelin stars. Ramsey only has 12 (he lost one) because he has opened more restaurants not because his cooking is better, Le Gavroche, Michel Roux's restaurant is world famous, quality rather than qauntity. Ramsey doesn't cook in all 13 of his restraurants, Roux cooks in his. Ramsey is bankrupt, Roux isn't. Ramsey has one Michelin star per restaurant earned by his chefs not him, Roux has two stars for his restaurant. Ramsey has also been done for gross indecency with other men in a public toilet among other things. He's also had restaurants closed because of dirt in the kitchen which is ironic considering some of his shows. There's no contest really, Ramsey is low down on most peoples lists for most things.

Last edited:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Living: Bob White

Dead: Wally Jay

Langenschwert

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Dead: Fiore dei Liberi (Italian master from the 1400's)
Alive: Russ Mitchell (an instructor of Hungarian Sabre)

Best regards,

-Mark

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Living-glen doyle
dead-hmm many to choose from. would have to say miyamoto musashi
EDIT: have no idea why miyamoto's name is linked to anything...don't click it, it's just a link to a book about him

Last edited:

GrandmasterP

Green Belt
Reaction score
Dead... David Carradine, OK I know... but I'd love to be able to ask him how it really happened.Alive... Manchester's ... Chris (Iron Shirt) Lomas.

Latest Discussions