Iaido Help

ryukosuaru

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone live in the Vancouver/Portland area and know of any Iaido or any sword arts that are there? I've looked around but all I see is in Seattle and cities too far away to commute. Any help here would be hot.

Charles Mahan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Check the dojo locator at http://www.iaido.ca

Ted Davis leads up the Canadian Iaido Association which has dojos in Vancouver. He holds an 7th dan in Muso Jikiden Eishin ryu iaido and currently trains under Esaka Seigen-sensei 10th dan and Vice President of the Zen Nippon Iaido Renmei. Esaka-sensei visits annually. Davis-sensei is as far as I know, the senior MJER guy on the continent. At least within the Seitokai/ZNIR branch of MJER. His dojo is in Victoria but he has affiliate dojos in Vancouver.

OP
R

ryukosuaru

White Belt
Reaction score
umm...vancouver not british columbia, washington, not dc...

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Ecole de Budo offers Aikido, Judo, and Iaido in Portland, OR

Charles Mahan

Purple Belt
Reaction score
umm...vancouver not british columbia, washington, not dc...

Ahh... Perhaps if you had mentioned the state before. I don't know if it helps, but I know an MJER guy that recently moved to Bend, Oregon. Not sure what is plans might be. I could contact him and find out if it's close enough to help.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
That's my stomping ground. I'll ask around and see what I can come up with for ya.

Ralutin

White Belt
Reaction score
Does anyone live in the Vancouver/Portland area and know of any Iaido or any sword arts that are there? I've looked around but all I see is in Seattle and cities too far away to commute. Any help here would be hot.

The Obukan Kendo Club has an iaido class in Beaverton and they practice ZNKR seitei iaido and Muso Shinden Ryu iaido. Here's their website:

http://www.obukan.com/

OP
R

ryukosuaru

White Belt
Reaction score
ooh thanks very much! i've been to obukan website before but thought it was only kendo...must've not noticed it lol. Which one is better, obukan or ecole de budo?

Latest Discussions