I witness (not sure how I feel)?

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Tonight I witness a murder....the guy was shot mulitple times (3 clips-possible a 9mm). Love triangle. both guys were friends and married with children.

I work part-time as a security guard for a shopping mall. The incident happen in the employees parking lot.

My mind is a bit numb...I just got home,..there were many witnesses...alot of them were fellow workers of the two people involved. I do not know them.

Not sure of how I feel right now....sorry....Aloha

Jonathan Randall

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear this.

You are doing the right thing in posting this and talking about it. After traumatic events such as this it is important to reach out to others. I would also recommmend, if possible through your work paying for it, that you consider short term counseling.

Take care, my friend. Let us know how you're doing. Don't hesitate to ask your MT friends for help and advice - even though you weren't the murder victim, you were still injured emotionally by the event.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am very sorry to hear this...I have no words to say that would make much difference other than PLEASE, DON"T DRINK to help get you through this...Did the local PD take a statement from you? Are you on good terms with them?? Usually they have someone they can refer you to that can help you...Don't be afraid to ask for help...

Shaderon

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Talking about it will help, it won't feel like it at the time but it will. Please try and get someone to sit and chat about it with you, good friends are valuble in this because you might find yourself thinking and feeling all sorts of things that you might think are silly but you have to get them in the open. A counsellor will do the world of good, but make sure you get a good one, there's plenty of quacks out there that pass themselves off as counsellors and don't do that much good.

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hello, Tonight I witness a murder....the guy was shot mulitple times (3 clips-possible a 9mm). Love triangle. both guys were friends and married with children.

I work part-time as a security guard for a shopping mall. The incident happen in the employees parking lot.

My mind is a bit numb...I just got home,..there were many witnesses...alot of them were fellow workers of the two people involved. I do not know them.

You have witnessed and incredibly traumatic event that will now shape how you look at things in the future. In circumstances like these the best advice I can give you is to keep talking about it and remember that there was nothing you could have done to stop it. Do not push these feelings deep inside of you. Your emotions will swing from anger to sorrow and everything in between. If you are losing sleep and suffering with nightmares, go and see a physician, please. If you can't get the scene out of your head, do the same. I wish you peace and fast healing. Keep us informed as to how you are doing. If there is anything I can do to assist you, please don't hesitate to send me a pm.

Brian R. VanCise

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am sorry that this happened for you and the people involved. Like everyone else talking about things like this can really help and if you feel the need do not be afraid to speak to a professional. Good luck and we
are always here to listen to anything you have to say.

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

So sorry to hear you had to see something so horrible.

I must say, even if you feel you can handle this on your own, please take the time and invest a little money in a therapist short-term if you can. Having a neutral, uninvolved party to talk with can help you heal from this as best as possible.

Best wishes only. Aloha

Jade Tigress

RAWR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I am so sorry for this very traumatic event. Please take care of yourself. Talk about it, you need to process the event and PLEASE do not hesitate to seek professional help. Don't ignore your mental health. Posting here is a good step. Talk about it as much as you need. My thoughts and prayers are with you and the families effected by this tragedy. Aloha.

jdinca

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I am profoundly sorry that you had to witness that. Please find somebody you can talk to as soon as possible. Preferrably a professional that deals with post traumatic stress disorder.

Take care. :asian:

tshadowchaser

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Damn that sucked having to see that. I know your mind must be raceing a hundred different ways over this. yu need to try to get some of it out of your system. Talking to those close to you may help or your supervisors on the job, but as has been said already you may need to talk to a professional about it. Dose your company have such a person on the pay role or do they have a plan which would pay fo such a visit to a professional?

zDom

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm very sorry to hear you went through this. :(

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm to am sorry you had to witness this, remember all theropy is good at this point and time, is the mall offering any type of theropy for the people you saw this first hand, if so I would differently go.
Talk care and if you need to talk get in contact with me.

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
There was a major office shooting shortly after I was discharged on FT Knox. I delivered to that particular office Bldg. all the time. Its strange to think of all the people I know and joked with are no longer alive. I know a little about what you are going through.
Sean

theletch1

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
All I can say is that, as the rest have posted, we are truly here for you in the martial talk community.:asian:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hang in there StillLearning. My prayers are with you. :asian:

bluemtn

Senior Master
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear of what you had witnessed. I know it's been said in this thread a few times, but I just can't stress it enough- talk to someone about it. Believe me, it helps- even if it's just your friend that you're talking to.

My thoughts and prayers are with you...

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
This may never leave your thoughts but in time the emotional part of it will go.
You will get through it.

Kacey

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I'm so sorry you had to witness that - how horrible for you. Please talk to someone (feel free to PM me) who can help you work through your emotional response, get plenty of rest (witnessing this type of trauma can affect your physical health as well as your mental health), and please keep us up to date on how you're doing.

OP
S

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Thank-you everyone! I do feel alot better now....the memories will be around for a long time.

The Police got my report, I do drink alot (diet pepsi)...trying to cut back.

My kids are keeping me busy and my wife helps me alot on this. Time is usually the best thing to forgetting bad things. It will take some time...I'm sure.

These two guys where friends and work together...many of there co-workers saw this too(the shooting)...and it is a small Hotel. Everyone knew each other.

Sorry I brought this up.............Thank-you for your thoughts and comments..............Aloha

PS: The other person is in a Police cell and has been charge with 2nd degree murder. ( they say he is a nice,honest,quiet man).