I found this amazing from another place

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
USAT is really tearing down its members little by little.

OK, two things:
First, the "suggestions" for the Task Force thingy from USAT.
I wonder if they'd take the suggestion :"Let the membership run the
organization." Anybody taking bets?

Second, the "well wishes" section for the Nationals booklet.

How about: "Dear USAT: Hope you get well soon, and return complete and
total control of the organization to the membership."

I know...I'm just in one of those moods today. :)

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
LOL!!

I am no stranger to those types of mood...I hear you! :bangahead:

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
USAT is really tearing down its members little by little.

OK, two things:
First, the "suggestions" for the Task Force thingy from USAT.
I wonder if they'd take the suggestion :"Let the membership run the
organization." Anybody taking bets?

Second, the "well wishes" section for the Nationals booklet.

How about: "Dear USAT: Hope you get well soon, and return complete and
total control of the organization to the membership."

I know...I'm just in one of those moods today. :)

Let's see - the committee was appointed illegally. Chair of Board has no authority to appoint anyone to anything. When this was pointed out, they said it was "previously approved" - by who and when is nowhere and there are no minutes of the meeting where this action took place - violation of corp law and all kinds of things.

I am surprised they left my comment that people might be more inclined to answer if the answers went directly to Benz and Schiller and not to staff for vetting first.

Then there is the lastest snafu - they refuse to appoint Bruce Harris, 2000 Olympic Referee, 2000 Olympic Referee Team Captain - one of a handful of the highest ranking referee in the world to referee their JO's. The reason cited is a rule that was implemented, but not shared, posted in an obscure place in April - which says to be appointed you have to have worked two events in the past year. HELLO - the year was over before you posted the rules - you can't do that either.

I would ask every member to write the task force and tell them the reasons you are unhappy. They need to understand that the problems are administrative. Management sucks.

Miles

Senior Master
Reaction score
Then there is the lastest snafu - they refuse to appoint Bruce Harris, 2000 Olympic Referee, 2000 Olympic Referee Team Captain - one of a handful of the highest ranking referee in the world to referee their JO's.

GM Harris is one of the nicest guys in TKD and knows the competition rules backwards and forwards. He did a superb job in Chicago last year at the USTC/KKW course. This is a shame.

cmassman

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
GM Harris is one of the nicest guys in TKD and knows the competition rules backwards and forwards. He did a superb job in Chicago last year at the USTC/KKW course. This is a shame.

I could not agree more with Ronda Sweet and Master Miles on Bruce’s qualifications to referee. Beside all his experience, for those of use who were in Chicago last year, Bruce has one heck of a sweater collection.

All joking aside, Bruce did do one of the best jobs of explaining the rules I have every heard. He would have been a huge assest to the JO's.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have all the reasons why this is bogus on my website, so don't want to repeat it all as it just infuriates me. David has issues with Bruce so he can't get appointed to anything. USTC doesn't compete with USAT except for the KKW Franchise and as we all know, David lost.

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have all the reasons why this is bogus on my website, so don't want to repeat it all as it just infuriates me. David has issues with Bruce so he can't get appointed to anything. USTC doesn't compete with USAT except for the KKW Franchise and as we all know, David lost.

Linky link plz.

Even though this is not my club. :D

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Linky link plz.

Even though this is not my club. :D

ladytkd.com be sure if an article says "read more" at the bottom, click on it. There are about 6 or so articles in the last 24 hours, so also go to bottom and click on previous.

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
I have got to admit, hearing this is very disturbing. I mean how can you show such blatent favoritism and get away with it.

For starters, it would be terrible to do so, and ruin alot of peoples plans...

But the Refs should BOYCOTT the J.O.'s and Senior Nat's

The Ref's should choose who is selected... point blank. They have a hard enough time getting enough to work the rings.

I'm really amazed how horrible things are getting.

Well.... the USNTF Nat's are getting bigger because of their (USAT) blundering.... It's at the end of July if anyone is interested
icon12.gif

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Downloaded the sheets from Hangastar and sorted by name and deleted the dups.

JO-
595 female
1060 male
1655 total

Seniors
126 Female
174 Male
300 Total

Did not count the Poomsae team trials.

StudentCarl

3rd Black Belt
Reaction score
Incredible how important integrity is, isn't it.

To me the most infuriating people alive are those who live by spin and seem to believe their own lies. They are incredibly destructive to everything they touch, and equally difficult to be rid of. They prey on the good will of people who will give them the benefit of the doubt. And if they get caught they spin and lie to your face.

For people like that the only solution comes from the movie 'War Games' (remember Matthew Broderick and Ally Sheedy?), where a computer was going to start a nuclear war:

"The only winning move is not to play."

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

A lot of registrations still come in the final days of registration so there is still time for these numbers to go up a bit.

I do wonder though if we will see in the next couple of days things like:

"Registration deadlines extended due to high demand" or some other such BS to allow more people that are on the fence to commit to going.

taekwondodo

Green Belt
Reaction score
I saw and talked to Master Harris today at a local Dallas tournament, and told him we know what is going on and we are supporting him all the way. Master Harris said that he will fight back.

From what I heard, Master Harris was not chosen due to the connection with Master Sang Lee and the association with USTC. It is not a fact but a hunch.

OP
terryl965

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Yes Master Harris will have alot of people in his corner when the time comes. Everybody knows David id so much like a whinney little girl when it comes to any other orgs. but life will go on.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I saw and talked to Master Harris today at a local Dallas tournament, and told him we know what is going on and we are supporting him all the way. Master Harris said that he will fight back.

From what I heard, Master Harris was not chosen due to the connection with Master Sang Lee and the association with USTC. It is not a fact but a hunch.

From the number of people david has said it to, and the way David treats Master Harris in person, IMHO it is a fact.

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Yesterday USAT was served with a judicial complaint against CEO David Askinas and Referee Chair John Seiber filed by Lifetime Member, S Class IR and all around well respected USAT referee Bruce Harris. Mr. Harris has alleged discrimination in the selection of referees for USAT events. Anyone who was at the General Assembly last December personally heard Mr. Askinas as he addressed Mr. Harris in Mr. Askinas' accusatory tone that he was "SECRETARY GENERAL OF SANG LEE'S ORGANIZATION!" Actually as usual Mr. Askinas got it wrong, Mr. Harris is Executive Director of USTC.
Mr. Harris has asked for an expedited hearing to right this wrong. Mr. Askinas has written Mr. Harris that he is advising the Judicial Committee to DENY Mr. Harris' request. If I were Mr. Harris, I would be calling my attorney demanding legal action. In what world does the person who has a complaint filed against them have the right to RECOMMEND any Decision to a Judicial Committee before they have even convened? What right has he to give them any suggestions, recommendations or directions considering this is a Conflict of Interest? In the real world Mr. Askinas would recuse himself so as not to cast any taint on the proceedings.
Of course, this could get even more interesting. See if you can figure out where the USAT's modus operendi of not tending to the details and day to day business could cause some problems here.
Section 9.5. Tenure.
The term for all standing and other committee members shall be two (2) years. A committee
member shall remain on the committee until the committee member’s successor is appointed, or
until the committee member’s earlier resignation, removal, incapacity, disability or death.
The term for all task force members shall be until their assignment is concluded, but in any event
shall not exceed a period of two (2) years.
http://usa-taekwondo.us/resources/board-of-directors
NOTICE: Action without meeting, March 2008. USAT Board of Directors voted unanimously to reappoint all members of the USAT Judicial Committee to a second term.
Anyone see a problem here?

granfire

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
And there I thought they were done making the ITA look good...

mango.man

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score

JO-
595 female
1060 male
1655 total

Seniors
126 Female
174 Male
300 Total

Did not count the Poomsae team trials.

With 5 days to go before the registration deadline, it looks like the numbers will actually be pretty decent for USAT this year topping pretty much all the events for the past 5 years through Jr Olys and Sr Natls.

Looking at only World Class Sparring Numbers (14-17BB for JRs and 14+ BB for SRs):

Orlando Fl
JO 2010:
Male - 203
Female - 129
Sr Nats 2010:
Male - 167
Female - 117

Austin Tx
JO 2009:
Male - 197
Female - 132
Sr Nats 2009:
Male - 139
Female - 88

Detroit Mi
JO 2008:
Male - 171
Female - 111
Sr Nats 2008:
Male - 130
Female - 90

San Jose Ca
JO 2007:
Male - 173
Female - 135
Sr Nats 2007:
Male - 147
Female - 102

Atlanta Ga
JO 2006:
Male - 171
Female - 124
Cleveland Oh
Sr Nats 2006:
Male - 133
Female - 95

d1jinx

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
does anyone know if they post referees like they do competitors and if so, where? I have never seen such a thing but wondered if they have it. I know when we go to the event they have a list, but is it made avail to the public?

RSweet

Blue Belt
Reaction score
does anyone know if they post referees like they do competitors and if so, where? I have never seen such a thing but wondered if they have it. I know when we go to the event they have a list, but is it made avail to the public?

Used to do it in the old days - nowadays - come on - David's middle name is not communication. It will be a closely held secret until you get there and if you know the names and the ranks, then you can make your own list.

Latest Discussions