I broke a Surefire in less than an hour???

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
To date, I am the only person that I know that broke a Mag Lite. :eek:

I borrowed a friend's Surefire Executive Devender E2D for a little while and I absolutely loved it.

18-1060.jpg

After trying to justify to myself if a $100 flashlight is really worth it...I'm thinking it is, since I managed to break a light (changing the bulb) that many people swear is indestructible.

I do work second shift, which means I never leave work before midnight. So...I do have a practical use for a tough, incredibly bright flashslight with a strike surface that's downright nasty.

So...a trip to the Army Surplus store is in order, and who better to join me than Andy, who went along to look at a knife. It's great to have training partners with common interests. Andy shows me a few ways to aim the Surefire when using firearms ....and gets a phone call. I start playing around with my new toy, including clicking it on and off and on and off and on and.......it won't click off. Less than an hour of duty and it seems I've busted the on-off switch. Now I'm the only person I know that broke a Surefire. :eek:

I'll be having a very...uh...interesting convo with the folks at the Army Surplus store tomorrow.

I'm beginning to feel like the Queen of Destruction :rofl:

KenpoTex

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have an E2d and really like it, however when I ordered it, the first one I was sent had a faulty on/off switch. I got it replaced and have had no problems at all with the new one.

Hand Sword

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
In the Void (Where still, this merciless GOD torme
Carol,

Don't feel too bad! When I was a young kid I broke a Tonka Truck within a few hours after opening it up as a XMas present. Back then, They were advertised as indestructible too! It just means that the "Force" is strong with us!
icon7.gif

MA-Caver

Sr. Grandmaster
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Try the flashlight that you shake a few times, then never needs batteries. The set comes with a small one, about the size of a mag.
A buddy of mine said he was going to buy one of those and ask me to demonstrate it at our next caving meeting... yeah... riiiiggghhhttt!

MagLite now makes a 3 watt LED light. Bright as all get out and the 3 AAA size is a really good one for a kubotan... but they have the traditonal 2 AA's size.

I've seen the type you're talking about. But honestly... no (hand-held) light is totally indestructible. In fact, nothing is, as evidenced by Hand-Sword's confession of destroying a Tonka truck as a kid.

redfang

Purple Belt
Reaction score
like with most things, maglites come in a variety of types and toughness. the cheaper ones can be broken without too much difficulty. the more expensive ones can be broken too, but its a lot harder. nothing is really indestructible.

hongkongfooey

Black Belt
Reaction score
Carol,

Don't feel too bad! When I was a young kid I broke a Tonka Truck within a few hours after opening it up as a XMas present. Back then, They were advertised as indestructible too! It just means that the "Force" is strong with us!
icon7.gif

How on earth did you break a Tonka truck! I used to send mine screaming headfirst down the basement stairs onto the hard concrete floor. I used to beat them with hammers, well I used to beat my brother's trucks with hammers. I could never wear the things out. What exactly did you do?

Latest Discussions