How would you have restrained this guy?

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope answered them. :)

I see where you are coming from. As martial artists we show restraint in our actions even self defense because we hear horror stories about the legal bulls**t that innocent people have to deal with.

Exactly, and thats the reason why I started some threads (they should be in the General SD area) about being afraid to use your training and what you can/can't do in your training. Hey, we all train for various reasons, but for me, its SD. Yes, i get the benefits of the 'side stuff', ie: exercise, meeting new people, etc., but thats not the only reason I train. If someone wants to try to sue me, because I defended myself...after they tried to rob me of my belongings at knife point, then good luck to them. But I'm not worrying about that at the moment.

The above is just my opinion. Some will agree and some will disagree. To each their own. :)

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would I hold back on the guy to keep from a POSSIBLE lawsuit? No way in the world.

If he is innocent, why was he breaking the rules? If he makes some crack about a terrorist attack, he should count his blessings. If he lives that long or can count anything after I am done.

We have to face it. No matter the nationality/race/religion/status, the guy is a scumbag and needs to be punished severely.

Exactly! I figured I'd just toss that question out, because I figure that if he's supposedly untouchable, then it wouldn't surprise me if he tried to file charges for assault....even though, IMHO, he'd be fully deserving of the beating he got.

Now that we have striking, nothing stops a guy like a kick to the nether-regions or an elbows to the jaw. Or an nicely placed throat shot. Or repeated knees to anything I can make contact with.

:) Of course, in addition to that, if there was a nearby object that I could grab, I wouldn't think twice about using it. A nice pot of hot coffee comes to mind. :D

Guardian

Black Belt
Reaction score
I have to say that a simple hand on the shoulder would probably be sufficient to keep this individual in place.

As far as the immunity part. I'm sure we all could come up with our fair share of stories that are pro and con to it and I'm sure with some digging the cons would outweigh the pros given time.

Do we need it, sure we do, is it abused, sure it is, what isn't abused when it comes around to stuff like this, let's be real here.

Latest Discussions