OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No one should want their child to be an engineer.

I dunno...I know not everyone agrees but I think we're born that way. ;)

I mean, I knew as a child growing up that something about me was different. I mean, I wasn't like all the other kids. And when I became a teenager it became even more apparent. :eek:

I often felt confused...even conflicted. I mean, I knew deep down inside who I was but I couldn't really bring myself to admit it. When I graduated from high school, I went on to study music, thinking I'd be safe in a Conservatory environment. :D

But no...time quickly told me that I had to face what I was. I could play music, sure, but there was no denying how I was wired. I was...truly...an engineer. :eek: :eek: :eek:

And yeah it does freak other people out. But...I still believe there is someone out there who will love us for the paycheck...I mean...the person that we are. :lfao:

MBuzzy

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think a lot of engineers go through their music phase. In fact, I still play often. I think it is like rebooting.

My curse is that I can't stop looking at concrete, asphalt, buildings, structures, etc. I've almost been hit by cars looking at construction. Yesterday I tripped over a curb and fell on my face examining a crack in the sidewalk (and some really cook upheaval).

Sometimes I think that civil engineers are a special kind of engineer.

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I think a lot of engineers go through their music phase. In fact, I still play often. I think it is like rebooting.

My curse is that I can't stop looking at concrete, asphalt, buildings, structures, etc. I've almost been hit by cars looking at construction. Yesterday I tripped over a curb and fell on my face examining a crack in the sidewalk (and some really cook upheaval).

Sometimes I think that civil engineers are a special kind of engineer.

I never could really sing nor play an instrument. I guess that makes me an atypical engineer. For I agree that many of the engineers I know also played an instrument as well.

I dated a Civil Engineer once. She was real nice. It was also nice to look at buildings (* Which I enjoy *) and have someone else enjoy it as well. She even took me to one of her projects (* retaining walls and leveling and slope of the road to address the re-work and to projects scope. *) and I enjoyed it as well. Nice Lady.

RED

Blue Belt
Reaction score
A civil, mechanical, and electrical engineer where sitting and arguing over what kind of engineer God is.

The mechanical engineer said he is obviously a mechanical engineer, look at how complicated the skeleton is.

The electrical engineer said no he is a electrical engineer look at the nerous system and how intricate it is.

The civil engineer said they are both wrong because who else but a Civil engineer would put a sewer through a recreation area.

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Three engineers and three accountants are traveling by train to a conference. At the station, the three accountants each buy a ticket and watch as the three engineers only buy one ticket.

"How are three people going to travel on only one ticket?" asks an accountant.

"Watch and you'll see," answered an engineer.

They all board the train. The accountants take their respective seats but all three engineers cram into a rest room and close the door behind them.

Shortly after the train has departed, the conductor comes around collecting tickets. He knocks on the restroom door and says, "Tickets, please!" The door opens just a crack and a single arm emerges with a ticket in hand. The conductor takes it and moves on.
The accountants see this and agree it is a clever idea. So after the conference, the accountants decide to copy the engineers on the return trip and save some money.
When they get to the station, they buy one ticket for the return trip. To their astonishment, the engineers don't buy a ticket at all.

"How are you going to travel without a ticket?" says one perplexed accountant.

"Watch and you'll see," answered an engineer.

When they board the train all three accountants cram into a restroom and the three engineers cram into another one nearby. The train departs. Shortly afterward, one of the engineers leaves his restroom and walks over to the restroom where the accountants are hiding.

The engineer knocks on the door and says, "Tickets, please!"

OP
Carol

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Pick-Up Lines to use on Engineering Chicks

heart.gif
I won't stop bugging you until I get your URL.
heart.gif
Let's convert our potential energy to kinetic energy.
heart.gif
Wanna come back to my room and see my Intel Core Duo?
heart.gif
How about you and I go back to my place and form a covalent bond?
heart.gif
You're sweeter than glucose.
heart.gif
We're as compatible as two similar Linux boxes
heart.gif
Your body has the nicest arc length I've ever seen.
heart.gif
You're hotter than a bunsen burner set to full power!
heart.gif
My love for you is like a concave up function because it is always increasing.

Latest Discussions