How to get shot...

billc

Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about what is the best body position to take if you are about to be shot, but have a moment to prepare? What is the most survivable position to take the hit? My thought would be to turn sideways to the incoming shot, with your arm left hanging down your body, shoulder raised.

I think this would narrow your body to limit access to vital organs, the arm hanging down might take the bullet, sparing your body, and being sideways would protect your arteries in your leg...possibly.

One thought comes from an accidental shooting I heard about...a guy accidentally shot his brother in the abdomen, a 9mm hollow point, it hit the lower abdomen, went up, broke his rib, cut across his chest cavity and lodged in his left side. as it travelled, it littered bits of itself along the path. The guy who was shot said the only pain was from the bullet hitting his rib.

So, I thought, with the way a bullet moves around a body, especially as it hits bone, being sideways to a gun shot, if you have no other choice, might be the best way to get shot...

wimwag

Blue Belt
Reaction score
If you have a moment to prepare, you should use it to pull your pants down and pee on your attacker. It's morally superior.

Warrior1256

White Belt
Reaction score
As I have a concealed carry permit and almost always carry and train frequently, if I have a moment to prepare it will be the OTHER GUY that needs to worry about which is the best area of the body in which to get shot.

Latest Discussions