How many of you have lost weight?

phlaw

Purple Belt
Reaction score
My first 9 months in TKD I lost 50lbs, and kept if off for about 5 years until I stopped training. When I started again, I lost it, until I stopped...

Hmmm.. Maybe I should start training again!

OP
S

Shinzu

yeah its a great workout all around. you cant help but to lose weight....the drills will do that alone...LOL

OP
D

Deathtrap101

Get a timer and train to start 3 rounds of 2 minutes each round on the basics punches had strikes etc. Rest 30 sec. to 1 min.

Holy crap does that work well. I did that a couple times(gota pick the habit up again) a light warm up round on the heavy bag. and then 5 two minute rounds with a 1 min break inbetween. does the sweat ever pour.

Yea i dunno, im kinda still growing but im not sure my weight goes up and sits for a while than goes up some more and sits. Im 16 now but when i was 15: my weight would be around 170, drop to 160 for like ever. Then i jumped WAY up to 180lbs where it sat for the longest time and just a month or two ago im down to 170 lbs but a test said i got about 17% body fat. I thought that was insanely for how i look, but what are you gonna do?(I was rooting for aruond 10%).

Could eat better but my weight doesnt change much and im in pretty good shape, training 2 times a week and whenever i feel like it on weekends. Phys ed class actually has improved my fitness beleive it or not. If you do put some good effort into phys ed class it can be a pretty good work out(for those of you still in school).

Speed training is great, i tried the candle thing. Blow the candle out with a punch, I got pretty good at it but stopped a while ago. That can be a pretty good workout if you do it enough. Basically, move around as much as possible! (I wish i would....)

Chronuss

Senior Master
Reaction score
when I started TKD, my flexibility increased ten fold and I lost a bit of weight, I was about 260 then. Then I started Kenpo and when to TKD once a week and I dropped to 195 because of diet and all the exercise. boy, do I feel better.

oh, and on the running side note...there is a snowball's chance in hell that I would start running....I smoke...you trying to kill my ****?

fifteen again...nah...I like nineteen...I can drive...buy cigarettes legally...hehe...and college is easier than highschool...at least for right now....and I get to sleep in later. oh...and I still watch cartoons, so I have officially not grown up yet, nor will I ever. being a kid is too much fun.:D :D :D

Zujitsuka

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I have actually cut down on the amount of running that I do. I mostly skip rope now. IMHO, this is a very underestimated training tool. People tend to believe slick marketing that says that you need to use this or that piece fancy equipment. Just get a jump rope. If your ceilings are not too low, and you don't live in an apartment above someone else, you can skip rope @ home.

FIRST THINGS FIRST...

learn how to jump rope properly. People tend to "double jump" when skipping rope. This is a no-no because it puts unnecesary stress on your knees. When performed correctly, your calves absorb the shock rather than your knees.

Go to www.ringside.com. The have nice jump ropes, jump rope instructional videos, and jump rope mats.

A nice High Impact Interval Training (HIIT) approach works out well and doesn't take a heck of a lot of time. For example, skip rope for 30 seconds and then walk it off for 30 seconds. Do this 5 times and you'll see what it does for you...and it only took you 10 minutes.

As you become more advanced, skip rope for 3 minutes and walk it off for 1 minute - the way boxers do. It has been shown that HIIT burns fat much better than aerobic cardio (e.g. a long, slow distance run - jogging for 4 miles).

Train hard, kick a**

Peace & blessings,

OP
K

khadaji

actualy ever since i started systema, I gained about 10 pounds of weight, without getting more fat. I can tell it has gone to my muscle becasue I am so much stronger then I was before.

Latest Discussions