How do you feel about winter?

How do you feel about Winter?

• YAY! It is great. Bring on the snow! WhooHoo!

• Winter SUCKS! I hate it and should move somewhere where I never see snow again!

• I don't care

Results are only viewable after voting.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's see, how fitting to post this now as it's starting to get colder & darker.

I hate winter. I hate everything about winter. I hate the snow. I hate the cold weather. I hate to shovel and I hate to scrape my windows. I hate to stop between A & B just to scrape my windows so I can see again. I hate to wear 3 layers of clothes just to try and stay warm. I hate that my house is cold constantly when it's -10 or below out. I hate to start my car 20 minutes early just to get in to maybe get some heat from the heater core.
I hate everything about winter in ohio. period.
:barf:

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Let's see, how fitting to post this now as it's starting to get colder & darker.

I hate winter. I hate everything about winter. I hate the snow. I hate the cold weather. I hate to shovel and I hate to scrape my windows. I hate to stop between A & B just to scrape my windows so I can see again. I hate to wear 3 layers of clothes just to try and stay warm. I hate that my house is cold constantly when it's -10 or below out. I hate to start my car 20 minutes early just to get in to maybe get some heat from the heater core.

Sing it from the mountain, Jason!

WINTER SUCKS!

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
winter in Denver is so different

Yes..I was there for a seminar 2 years ago..It started snowing Saturday evening and didn't stop..By Sunday night they had shut down the airport and most major roads..By Monday morning around 10am 75% had melted..It wasn't that biting cold that we get here in the N.E.

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I did some work on a tree farm (cherry and white oak) in the mountains of Pennsylvania one winter, show shoes required, 20 below, windy and I absolutely loved it. But I got to agree with Drac I had to direct traffic in the winter a couple of times and it just is not any fun at all.

But for the most part Bigshadow has no idea what he is missing

stickarts

Senior Master
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like snow on Christmas and thats about it! Not a big fan of Winter. Fall and Spring are my favorites.

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Two words...ice fishing.

I love winter. I can't get enough of it. I love sitting out on the ice on Lake Superior and fishing.

My daughter and I caught a half dozen coho salmon on a balmy 0 february day. I came home filleted them up, threw them on the grill, drank some of my homemade malted apple wine with my wife, and had an absolutely wonderful time.

And then there is the cross country skiing. I can walk to a series of trails that stretches for over 100 km. I can also bring my gun and shoot on the biathalon course. So, you tell me, how often do you get a good workout and get to shoot!

And then there is the downhill skiing. The elevation drop to Lake Superior is over 1000 feet in some areas, so we get some pretty decent skiing. And the snow stays around until the end of April, so the skiing tends goes on and on and on.

I just can't say enough good stuff about winter!!!!

Jade Tigress

RAWR
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score

Amen Brother! PREACH!!!!

samurai69

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Winter SUCKS! I hate it and should move somewhere where I never see snow again

Well I did...........moved to portugal, and its great, the irony is that we go back to the uk at Xmas time!

Grenadier

Sr. Grandmaster
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
When I moved away from Connecticut a few years ago, and ended up in the warm confines of Alabama, I came to the conclusion that enduring two months of scorching heat was better than enduring 4+ months of freezing cold.

I enjoy taking a skiing vacation, but when it comes to living somewhere for an extended time, no thanks.

Martial Tucker

Black Belt
Reaction score
I guess I'm in the minority, but I don't mind winter at all.

Cold has never bothered me much. My friends call me a "human furnace", and tease me because I wear shorts
until it's in the low 40's outside. I'm happy with a long sleeve t-shirt and a fleece vest. As long as my chest and shoulders are warm, I'm fine......
When I was a child, I used to go outside and walk thru the snow to get firewood in my bare feet.

As for winter itself, I guess to me it has it's own beauty that I'll always appreciate. Things like the sparkle of sunlight reflecting off of fresh snow;
the smell and the crackle of a fire in the fireplace; going snowshoeing in a nearby forest; the quiet of a winter evening, and the way the moon lights everything up when there's snow on the ground; the birds (and other critters) that are so grateful for the food I leave for them in my back yard.

Having said all of that, when winter turns to spring, I'm happy about it and ready to move on to warmer, more colorful days, but I can't imagine living somewhere where life is the same.....everyday....all year.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Some of the funniest arrest made have been at the local ski lodge..Usually for public intox..People too drunk to walk are going to attempt to ski or board down the slopes..Go figure..

OP
Lisa

Lisa

Don't get Chewed!
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I like snow on Christmas and thats about it!

I would like to someday have the opportunity to experience Christmas without snow while lounging under a palm tree sipping on a drink with a paper umbrella in it and complaining about the heat.

Afte tht experience, I will then decide whether Christmas needs snow or not. :)

Swordlady

Senior Master
Reaction score
I would like to someday have the opportunity to experience Christmas without snow while lounging under a palm tree sipping on a drink with a paper umbrella in it and complaining about the heat.

Afte tht experience, I will then decide whether Christmas needs snow or not. :)

It would also be nice to not see polar bears or igloos too, right? ;) :uhyeah:

Latest Discussions