How did we survive?

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Man I don't know how you all did survive. That is a good question. Lol jj.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Originally posted by Jill666
Don't expect me to cry for todays kids. Pansy ***, whiny, DSS calling, self-entitled little shits- I'd like to see any one of them take on my father- or my uncle who's favorite method of shutting the kids up was pulling his S&W and saying "you f'n kids shut your heads". We played outside until the streetlight came on, AFTER letting oursleves in after school & doing the chores. I'd hate to know what today's standard allowance is. Please, don't tell me.

:soapbox:

Woah! I don't think you quite realize everything there Jill. What generation do you think made us whiny. We are a product of our environment. It's not tv's fault, it's not the radio, it's not MTV. It's your generation.Parents make the kids lazy and whiny. And were all not whiny. And not all parents are like that.

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by SRyuFighter
Woah! I don't think you quite realize everything there Jill. What generation do you think made us whiny. We are a product of our environment. It's not tv's fault, it's not the radio, it's not MTV. It's your generation.Parents make the kids lazy and whiny. And were all not whiny. And not all parents are like that.
amen brother! I raised four (youngest one is now 21) in what is arguably the worst neighborhood in this state, living paycheck to paycheck ,and I'm proud of all of them. (Thank God I must have recessive genes)

cali_tkdbruin

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by GaryM
amen brother! I raised four (youngest one is now 21) in what is arguably the worst neighborhood in this state, living paycheck to paycheck ,and I'm proud of all of them. (Thank God I must have recessive genes)

I didn't think they had bad neighborhoods in Utah... ;)

GaryM

Green Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by cali_tkdbruin
I didn't think they had bad neighborhoods in Utah... ;)
A few years ago Salt Lake valley had more meth labs than New York city. Not per capita, outright more. By far the highest concentration of these are in Magna. WE'RE NO. 1 WE'RE NO.1 GOOOOO MAGNA, GIMME AN M, GIMME AN A,...

OP
J

Jill666

Originally posted by SRyuFighter

I do think you caught me at one of my more reactionary moments. :rolleyes:

While I don't necessarily take back what I said, I do agree that inadequate limit-setting from the parents set up the kids for a big fall, and it's not good.

And I love that you called me on it- I applaud your response. It is well said.

OP
S

SRyuFighter

Thank you very much. But as I said it's not true in every situation.

Latest Discussions