How did this happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I actually recommended Sean ... and I have hardly ever agreed with him, at least up until about 6 months ago. Lots more maturity in how he handles conflicts, lots more growth in helping others, and he has been a lot more tolerant of divergent views, and willing to let it go.

If it doesn't work out, then it won't. I however, fully expect to see him continue to step up to the plate in a positive fashion ... and NO, I DON'T EXPECT HIM TO AGREE WITH ME ANY MORE THAN HE EVER HAS, but that is OK. We will hash it out in the Mod Lounge or by email or phone.

I have never ruled out any of Mr. Tatum's guys as Mods, but the frequency of your visiting this board, ruled it out here. Clyde, you have lots of great, not just good, stuff to contribute, and you do so on other boards. Billy, I always appreciate your honesty, and perpective, not always the way you come across, and I feel the same goes for TOD. The difference is TOD has stayed here and worked on it, with no incentive to be a Mod. It is a pain in the **** kinda job ... as he will find out.

I am not defending TOD, just saying it could have been anyone that showed the consistancy he has recently displayed, and he continued to stick with it. He has my confidence & support. He is Mod'ing the Kenpo Forums, he is not proclaiming his expertise in EPAK. The forums are more than Kenpo knowledge, we have senior advisors, high ranking visitors such as yourself Clyde who can keep the Kenpo honest, or at least as much as possible. Generally just keeping things on track and going is the Mod's job, not answering the technical questions like you could Clyde. Try to give him a chance, and no, that does not mean you have to agree with him.

TOD, stay yourself, don't change for others. We still remember you as the "Trash Heap".

-Michael

OP
Dark Kenpo Lord

Dark Kenpo Lord

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Michael Billings said:
I actually recommended Sean ... and I have hardly ever agreed with him, at least up until about 6 months ago. Lots more maturity in how he handles conflicts, lots more growth in helping others, and he has been a lot more tolerant of divergent views, and willing to let it go.

If it doesn't work out, then it won't. I however, fully expect to see him continue to step up to the plate in a positive fashion ... and NO, I DON'T EXPECT HIM TO AGREE WITH ME ANY MORE THAN HE EVER HAS, but that is OK. We will hash it out in the Mod Lounge or by email or phone.

I have never ruled out any of Mr. Tatum's guys as Mods, but the frequency of your visiting this board, ruled it out here. Clyde, you have lots of great, not just good, stuff to contribute, and you do so on other boards. Billy, I always appreciate your honesty, and perpective, not always the way you come across, and I feel the same goes for TOD. The difference is TOD has stayed here and worked on it, with no incentive to be a Mod. It is a pain in the **** kinda job ... as he will find out.

I am not defending TOD, just saying it could have been anyone that showed the consistancy he has recently displayed, and he continued to stick with it. He has my confidence & support. He is Mod'ing the Kenpo Forums, he is not proclaiming his expertise in EPAK. The forums are more than Kenpo knowledge, we have senior advisors, high ranking visitors such as yourself Clyde who can keep the Kenpo honest, or at least as much as possible. Generally just keeping things on track and going is the Mod's job, not answering the technical questions like you could Clyde. Try to give him a chance, and no, that does not mean you have to agree with him.

TOD, stay yourself, don't change for others. We still remember you as the "Trash Heap".

-Michael

What is wrong with you people? When was it inferred that anyone wanted to be a MOD here, what exactly are you reading into this? I just think it's a bad idea for Sean to be a MOD on these boards.

DarK LorD

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Kaith Rustaz said:
Billy - I didn't break my word. I said I would look into that particular issue and discuss it with the staff. I did just that. Don't slight my honor. It may be tattered, but that wasn't an issue that did it.

Yes you did break your word.

Michael Billings said:
Billy, I always appreciate your honesty, and perpective, not always the way you come across, and I feel the same goes for TOD. The difference is TOD has stayed here and worked on it, with no incentive to be a Mod. It is a pain in the **** kinda job ... as he will find out.

I have no desire to become a moderator on this board, or any other for that matter.

Good luck.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Billy, you're a liar. Its that simple. I have email, PM and chatroom logs to back this up.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
post them.
Sigh.....

Back Story for the 3 people who care....

TOD and Mr. Lear got into a verbal altercation.

As a result, BOTH received a 1 week suspension.

06-04-2003
Subject: Account Suspension.

Touch'O'Death, Billy Lear:

Your accounts have been suspended for one week for your less-than-friendly posts in the Kenpo fora. We hope that you will return after the week is up and that you will then respect our desire to have a place for friendly discussion of the martial arts.

-Arnisador
-MT Admin-
At this point, Billy requested my phone number and I sent it, and had a nice discussion at 2AM my time. I said I would look into it and discuss it. We did, and the decision was to let it stand.

Billy then sent the following in.

Envelope-to: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 8 Jun 2003 11:56:06 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: My Account Suspension on Martial Talk
To: [email protected]
X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.0 required=5.0
tests=none
version=2.55
X-Spam-Level:
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.55 (1.174.2.19-2003-05-19-exp)

Dear Bob,

I understand why I was suspended, what I disagree with
is when. It is my understanding (from the phone
conversation that we had) that I was suspended for a
post that took place prior to the warning that I
recieved at 10:50 on June 4th from tshadowchaser.

He wrote:
Ok folks this is an official warning stop the name
calling and challanges or take some time off from the
forum.
We enjoy haveing all of you post but keep it friendy
and respectful.
There will not be a 2nd warning

tshadowchaser

I discontinued both the challenges and name calling
after this warning, and I'm still suspended? I still
don't know what it is "exactly" that got me suspended
in the first place. Which post was it?

I thought that you and I had come to an understanding
the other day, and that I was only going to be
suspended for a couple of days. I guess that this is
not the case.

Due to this misunderstanding I would like to terminate
my membership on Martial Talk. Please delete my
profile, picture, and personal information from your
website. I would like you to understand that I am not
trying to force your hand or give you an ultimatum by
asking you to do this... I just simply cannot continue
my membership given the current circumstances, and I
will not be renewing my membership in the future.

Thank you,
Billy Lear, UKS​
Very simply, you posted what was deemed a threat by several individuals. Rather than take the light suspension like a man, you ran, and spouted BS on other forums.

Kenponet said:
Bob should have stuck to his word, he didn't therefore I won't be going back.

I was warned, complied with the warning, and then suspended for the exact infraction that earned me the warning.

After this occoured I talked to Bob on the phone, he said I would get a lighter sentence, so to speak, and then suspended me for the whole week anyway. In other words, Bob didn't keep his word.

I won't re-register. I won't be going back. Sorry.

And Bob... You guys owe me an apology regardless of weather or not you feel you do.

Sincerely,
Billy Lear, UKS

This was posted on KenpoNet in responce to your lies there:

Sorry Billy, I won't get into the war of words with you. I spoke to you at like 2 or 3AM when I was already dead tired, which I admited on the phone. I said it would be looked into, which it was, and I said based on my quick glance it should be lightened, which was based on what I could conclude in a quick skim in a half-awake state. There was a very serious discussion on the situation, and we made a decision based on the facts we saw. This included a post by post analysis of who sniped n shot at who when cronologically in that thread, past behaviors of all involved, and previous warnings issued. As previously stated, you were not the only one warned and suspended. My only concern here is that the truth be given, not just 1 side which makes MT look bad. You were warned, you did start to behave, and on a peer review of the whole situation, based on comments made, other members concerns and several other bits, you and ToD were suspended for a week. You got off light in that the threat of physical violence is a banable offence on MT.

I made no promise other than it would be looked into, which it was.

So, I guess the proper thing is "I'm sorry you misunderstood what a half awake admin said to you, at 2 in the morning, while he was going above and beyond the requirements of his position to settle a problem."

Again, my apologies to the Kenponet staff.

When a thread turns hot a warning may be posted, and a situation discussed. If further action is deemed needed, it will be taken.

Now, do I have to post the entire novel, or will you apologize?

Or, are you gonna leave (again)? :rolleyes:

(Oh, BTW: TOD took it gracefully, didn't quit, whine, complain or otherwise be a jerk.)

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
When you and I talked on the phone that morning you said that I would have a 2 day suspension, then streched it to a week and fell back on the excuse that you were tired when you and I had talked on the phone. You may not remember the phone conversation, but I do.

As for me being liar...
The only thing I am guilty of is re-registering on this site after I said I wouldn't do so. I had friends that posted here (Kirk, BamBamHunter, Seig, and a few others) that asked me to swallow my pride and come back on. So I did.

You can paint the picture anyway you want. I guess I'll loose some more reputation points, and recieve some more taunts via private message from TouchODeath. Cool.

:rolleyes:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now Billy, I've really got nothing else to say on this. The 3 people who care can go search the forums.

I'm more interested in focusing my attention on issues that are more current, like finding a few more folks who might make good additions to the MT staff.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
If there is a problem with -ANY- staff member abusing the PM system, or the Rep system, inform me, or Seig. It will be looked into, and if a violation is found, taken care of.

Bill Lear

Brown Belt
Reaction score
It's your sandbox, and they're your rules. What's that in your signature line? Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos? I came, I saw, I castrated the bastards? Am I getting this right?

Touch Of Death

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
When you and I talked on the phone that morning you said that I would have a 2 day suspension, then streched it to a week and fell back on the excuse that you were tired when you and I had talked on the phone. You may not remember the phone conversation, but I do.

As for me being liar...
The only thing I am guilty of is re-registering on this site after I said I wouldn't do so. I had friends that posted here (Kirk, BamBamHunter, Seig, and a few others) that asked me to swallow my pride and come back on. So I did.

You can paint the picture anyway you want. I guess I'll loose some more reputation points, and recieve some more taunts via private message from TouchODeath. Cool.

I won't be PMing you.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
It's your sandbox, and they're your rules. What's that in your signature line? Veni Vidi Castratavi Illegitimos? I came, I saw, I castrated the bastards? Am I getting this right?

Yup. :)

Seig

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Mountaineer Martial Arts - Shepherdstown,WV
Ok, enough.
Bob, shut up.
Billy, shut up.
Clyde, if you want to discuss this, let me know and I will call you, or you can call me. One more person urinates in the sandbox and the thread will be locked.
Seig

R

RCastillo

Seig said:
Ok, enough.
Bob, shut up.
Billy, shut up.
Clyde, if you want to discuss this, let me know and I will call you, or you can call me. One more person urinates in the sandbox and the thread will be locked.
Seig

Man, officer, I was just walking by! (as always)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No. Not 1984. We're a kindler, gentler board. Why, we're downright soft and cuddly.

I mean, here is one of our staff getting ready for work.

Needs a shave though.... :D

Attachments

• $kungfuhamster.jpg
    $kungfuhamster.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 223

Rich Parsons

A Student of Martial Arts
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Bill Lear said:
Don't tell me, that furry little dude is Seig, right?

Well any stick in my hand is not broken and tied together with a rope or string ;)

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.