Hoping

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
My sensei just ordered my black gi but the largest the suplier has on hand was a number 7 but Mexican number 7, the imported one no problem but the Mexican sometimes does not fot me,I am a little chuby.

I hope this black gi fits me well I really need it.

Manny

still learning

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hello, Hopefully your hard training will make the body fit into it!

Try NOT to buy FAT gi's......this was my problem....oops..it was because my body was bigger? UM...tighten the belt alot....hard to breathe!

Aloha,

PS: Seven is consider a lucky number...not sure of triple 777's?

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
My sensei just ordered my black gi but the largest the suplier has on hand was a number 7 but Mexican number 7, the imported one no problem but the Mexican sometimes does not fot me,I am a little chuby.

I hope this black gi fits me well I really need it.

Manny

Hmmm... The chubby part shouldn't be a problem in Kenpo.

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA oh gosh you really make me laugh!!! Well let me tell you I contact Century Martila Arts in USA and asked about a midelweight black karate gi, it will cost deliver to my door $49.00 of the gi plus $ 55.00 of shipping and handling, I have to ad the customs taxes in Mexico too, so I was super expensive to me.

Yes I know with training I will reduce some bacon but need a karate gi just confortable to wear into the mat, so let's see.

Manny

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score

Attachments

• $kelly99.gif
    65.1 KB · Views: 177
  • $Trijo-Vol-2.gif
    41.3 KB · Views: 190
  • $Al_Tracy_1.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 162
  • $triggered2.jpg
    $triggered2.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 180

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hey....

You can't do that to our pledges. Only we can do that to our pledges. :btg:

Carol

Crazy like a...
MT Mentor
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I remember :)

And huge congrats on your second black! :asian:

Rabu

Green Belt
Reaction score
It's not always nice to be so......

.....Honest.....Danjo.

Kudos on the great pics of leaders in the kempo community though.

Rob

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
Can't help that kenpo is so devastatingly effective that those that master it expend little to no energy in executing the highly complex and deadly maneuvers of the art.

...yeah...that's the ticket!

I love a Chinese buffet. :)

LawDog

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The chubby thing is not just a Kenpo / kempo thing, their sister systems have just as much fluff as ours. So does Judo, Jujitsu, weapons systems, etc.
Fluff could be a sign of poor health habits, lack of good ole hard training and so on.
Medical issues can cause weight problems, (diabetics), and sometimes it just happens no matter who you are or what you do.
:deadhorse

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Put it this way: if chubby were a problem when doing Kenpo, there wouldn't be a Kenpo.

Ohhhh I'm in heaven!!! so a little bacon is not problem here in Kenpo.

Why I think kenpo is a good MA for me? Because I'm 41, this october 42 in fact and I'm not a kid anymore and my job oes not allow me to do joging at 6 am, and then have a nice breakfast so then go to the gym to do some weights to then at night go to MA classes, no sir my time is limited.

TKD is a nice MA but now spining and or jumping kicks are not easy and Kenpo seesm to offer a good work out plus an exelent way of SD/MA method.

Manny

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
The chubby thing is not just a Kenpo / kempo thing, their sister systems have just as much fluff as ours. So does Judo, Jujitsu, weapons systems, etc.
Fluff could be a sign of poor health habits, lack of good ole hard training and so on.
Medical issues can cause weight problems, (diabetics), and sometimes it just happens no matter who you are or what you do.
:deadhorse

Yep it goes through many of the arts. As the "Sweet Bird of Youth" starts to flap it's wings, it gets harder to see that old "sixpack" under the layers of good eating and drinking.