Homeowner Says Crews Demolished Wrong House

Samuraifan

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
How could you posibily make such a mistake? If you were going to demolish a house, something as irreplaceable as a house, wouldn't you check it? check it again? verify? and check it again? Sometimes "Opps" doesn't cut it.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
How could you posibily make such a mistake? If you were going to demolish a house, something as irreplaceable as a house, wouldn't you check it? check it again? verify? and check it again? Sometimes "Opps" doesn't cut it.

A year or two ago a Rhode Island hospital had surgeons perform brain surgery on the wrong side of the brain--three separate times (on different patients).

Cryozombie

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
A year or two ago a Rhode Island hospital had surgeons perform brain surgery on the wrong side of the brain--three separate times (on different patients).

Yeah but I work in a Hospital, I find that totally believable.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
I believe the proper legal term for the contractor's defense is "Bend Over and Touch Your Toes".

"We had some GPS coordinates" is not a defense. It's barely even an excuse.

Here's what will happen:

The homeowner's lawyers will sit down across the table from the contractor's lawyers and fold their hands.

The contractor's lawyers will straighten their papers.

The homeowner's lawyers will arch their eyebrows.

The contractor's lawyers will gesture nonchalantly at the contractor's insurance agent.

The contractor's insurance agent will write a figure in the air.

The homeowner's insurance agent will look meaningfully over his glasses at the contractor's insurance agent.

The contractor's insurance agent will write the figure down on paper and add an extra zero.

All parties will close briefcases, rise, bow and leave the room.

Latest Discussions