Hogens book

OP
S

Shinobi

LOL it's not TV Wrestling. But yes, i've done Pro Wrestling on the Indy level. Some guys were in the Gym looking for Muscular guys to form a team of Pro Wrestlers who travel the World and Wrestle for all the promotions. They talked to me, I said ok, they trained me, then we started out locally. Some stuff happened and the team disbanded so I wrestled Indy for awhile, then hurt my neck and haven't done it since.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Shinobi
LOL it's not TV Wrestling. But yes, i've done Pro Wrestling on the Indy level. Some guys were in the Gym looking for Muscular guys to form a team of Pro Wrestlers who travel the World and Wrestle for all the promotions. They talked to me, I said ok, they trained me, then we started out locally. Some stuff happened and the team disbanded so I wrestled Indy for awhile, then hurt my neck and haven't done it since.

Sounds cool, so did you have a finishing move and everything? :rolleyes:

OP
S

Shinobi

Yeah, either I pinned the person 1-2-3 or they pinned me. :D

No, it wasn't really that cool. I mean, it was fun Wrestling, even though it was usually 10 or 20 ppl watching, but the pay sucked as did the training.

OP
M

Master of Blades

No finishing move! C'mon wheres the Chokeslam off the top rope or the DDT through thr Table onto a chair off the burning turnbuckle! Wheres the originality! Not even a suplex? :rolleyes:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Pro wrestlers Train Hard Core
it May Be a Work & Yes They are Highly Skilled at
A Proper Break Fall.

But They Spend 90% of There Life doing What They Do.
They Even Do 2-3 Shows A day.

They are in Great Shape Most of Them
They Spend Hours Working in the Gym.

Look At Triple H, Steinar, Booker T
The Next time U Think it's Fake Look at Ray Mesterio Jr
Sabu, Rob Vanam These Guy's Throw Them Selves over
The Top Rope Land on a guy & not Kill Them.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Um, finishing move, yeah. Well. I'd look perfect doing the Randy Savage elbow drop off of the top rope.:rolleyes:

OP
S

Shinobi

My finish move was a gorilla press/big splash combo. Yes, not origional at all. Buuut, I wasn't taught origionality. I was taught the basics then sent out there for little companies to work.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by ace
Pro wrestlers Train Hard Core
it May Be a Work & Yes They are Highly Skilled at
A Proper Break Fall.

But They Spend 90% of There Life doing What They Do.
They Even Do 2-3 Shows A day.

They are in Great Shape Most of Them
They Spend Hours Working in the Gym.

Look At Triple H, Steinar, Booker T
The Next time U Think it's Fake Look at Ray Mesterio Jr
Sabu, Rob Vanam These Guy's Throw Them Selves over
The Top Rope Land on a guy & not Kill Them.

Did anyone say they didnt think they trained hard :shrug:

ace

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Originally posted by jfarnsworth
Just give me amateur wrestling to watch. I'd rather see someone deserve to win with one on one competition. A guy that worked his butt off in training, desire, dedication, and discipline where technique wins over a running lariat and dropping the leg from the top rope.:shrug:

OP
J

JDenz

49 is old. 49 in wrestling years is like 90. Look at him he can barley walk around the ring. He was never a great athletic wrestler anyways. It was always about personalitly. His leg drop that gets about 6 inches off the ground these days. The last thing hogan needs is to get in there with another real stiff wrestler. He needs to be in there with athletic guy. If you think a hogan match is better then a Chris Ben. Kurt Ang. match you are out there.

OP
S

Shinobi

I am from AZ.

I never said his Matches was better. I just said without him on the show, Wrestling will cease to be massive like a few years back. That's a fact. Look at the ratings everytime he leaves. Everytime he goes, so do alot of fans. And I think he deserves more then to just be thrown in a Manager spot. They had a good thing going with he and Edge. He passed his wisdom onto Edge and helped Edge. It was a good angle. I think they could do something with class for Hogan and Flair. I dunno, make them the GM's of Raw and SD. These are the guys who made Wrestling what it is and deserve nothing but respect. And look at this. They have Hogan losing to everyone, making him look weak, and poor Flair is stuck standing in Cripple H's shadow. My booking idea is this....

Take each guy on the show and push them. Flair on Raw could win all the Titles on there battling his way to the Raw Title. Hogan could do that for SD. At next years WM they can fight each other in a double Main Event. Winner of both Titles advances against another opponent, who could be someone deserving such as Bautista, RVD, Edge, Benoit,Storm, Jericho, ect. My vote is Benoit. The winner can drop the straps to, say Benoit, who goes on to be the Undisputed Champion. The next weeks shows Linda McMahon announces whomever is Raw SD by then and Steph have been fired, and Flair and Hogan can replace them. They're still on TV, still in respectable rolls, and have hopefully successfully passed the torch to a younger fighter. Then this person(Benoit) can defend the Belt against anyone and everyone, and build up fresh storylines and fueds.

OP
J

JDenz

Except in today high pace wrestling that angle is way to long. Angles are started and ended in a month now. Since there is a PPV everymonth. And sorry but it is time to get out of the 80's. Hogan and Flairs time for wrestling is over. All the top guys make Hogan and Flair look small. HHH, Big Pappa, Big Show, Undertaker. I mean look at Flair standing next to H he looks like a midget. Hogan has old man muscles. Neither of them can move in the ring. No one wants to see them try and half *** there way through a match. I mean look how bad that knockout of Vince looked. They have enough bad stiff wrestlers. H, Rock, the new and improved stone cold, Steiner. If they want to do anything they should but hogan and flair in charge of Raw and Smackdown. Then they could still get mike time without wrestling though that probley wouldn't work so good for Hogan. (since he likes everything to rotate around him, and his type of Mike work isn't that good for that type of position.

OP
S

Shinobi

Where do you get your info? Hulk Hogan doesn't want everything to revolve around him. I've met the guy at Autograph singings as well as WWE events locally, and he is very humble. I think putting over Angle, Brock, Crips, ect showed that. This whole egomaniac thing stems from WCW, when whoever got fired decided to leave and trash Hogan, Hall, and Nash because they was on top. Which carried onto all the newsboards, no doubt ran by 13 year old marks who believe everything they hear. I think the ratings and that ovation last Thursday shows beyond a shadow of a doubt what the fans paying to go to the shows want. They're tired of Austin, Crips, Rock, ect. If Vince ever dreams of staying on top he needs to create spots for Flair and Hogan on TV. Cause they're bringing in ratings. Another problem, I think fans are tired of IS all the short 2 week storylines. They're sick of having a new top guy and new storyline after every PPV. I don't blame them, considering it's frustrating. Look at the 1980's, the glorydays when Wrestling was HUGE, and again in WCW '96-'98. The most success was drawn out storylines and angles that told a story. Like the nWo. Or even Goldberg. It's time to go back to what works and go back to the old ways of creating new stars. Or else, say hello to Territories again.

OP
J

JDenz

I was talking about his Mic. stlye. I am saying that Hogan has a lot of work to do before he can be on the mike and not wrestling. Maybe he could go on a cleaning up the WWF thing of something.

OP
M

Master of Blades

Originally posted by Shinobi
My finish move was a gorilla press/big splash combo. Yes, not origional at all. Buuut, I wasn't taught origionality. I was taught the basics then sent out there for little companies to work.

Hmmmmmm...........sounds cool? :D I would have a DDT I think...........Who thinks Scott Steiner was much better in the old days with Rick Steiner? :rolleyes:

OP
S

Shinobi

It wasn't cool. I stole that combo from Ultimate Warrior cause I couldn't think up anything else. Yes Steiner was better pre-Steroid Poppa Pump era.

jfarnsworth

Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Master of Blades
Hmmmmmm...........sounds cool? :D I would have a DDT I think...........Who thinks Scott Steiner was much better in the old days with Rick Steiner? :rolleyes:

Talk about a genetic freak of nature. Well it would be if he didn't use the steroids. He is pretty impressive anyhow.