History of TKD References - Any Suggestions?

A

Andy Cap

Gemini said:
Why would he do that? How would one org know what the other is doing?
You may have answered your own question here. One org may not know what the other is doing, but the master knows what he is bound to in terms of honor and respect. I would be disrespecting one or the other if I were to secretly certify from both organizations.

As far as one org knowing what the other is doing....you will be amazed just what a small world the martial arts world is. Ebere heard of teh 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? Well that is very true for martial arts as well - specially when you are talking about two similar Korean arts.

Gemini

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Andy Cap said:
You may have answered your own question here. One org may not know what the other is doing, but the master knows what he is bound to in terms of honor and respect. I would be disrespecting one or the other if I were to secretly certify from both organizations.

As far as one org knowing what the other is doing....you will be amazed just what a small world the martial arts world is. Ebere heard of teh 6 degrees of Kevin Bacon? Well that is very true for martial arts as well - specially when you are talking about two similar Korean arts.
Ahh. Good point. Maybe it was part of the "agreement" that once granted the degree, it was one the condition of "no looking back". hmm. Definately a possibilty. And if true, now your initial post makes more sense to me.

Thanks,

O

Oleg

That’s very interesting, in our school we have to write essay every time when we are taking test.

Latest Discussions