Hisng-i fanatics please help :d

CrushingFist

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Listen to Xue Sheng he knows whereof he speaks!!
We had a major Hsing I master in Kenny Gong, he taught in New York City, I think. Passed away some years ago. A student of his, Tom Morrisey, lives here in the Phoenix area and has continued to teach from Master Gong's system. The site includes a listing of other teachers in the U.S.
Agreed, XueSheng knows!

Kenny Gong passed away in 1996.
Mike Patterson has a list of Xingyi people as well
Mike Patterson's Home Page
thank you

Xingyi has a lot of lines and differences between them. One of my favorite is Xinyi Liuhe.

Then there is Dai family xingyi which is the ancestor art to more modern styles like Hebei and Shanxi variants.
Looks great!

Tom Morrissey is rather difficult to arrange time for training. I was having difficulty in getting in touch with him about 9 months ago. He said that he is only doing advanced group classes and for beginners he is only doing private instruction. After Tom cancelled a couple of appointments to meet up I started to look elsewhere. I've been training with Lloyd Day who trained with Master Gong in New York and was certified by Tom. Lloyd doesn't hold back but he does make you work.
I don't know how but I think XueSheng helped me find a Senior student of Kenny Gong in NYC, I went to visit a class once and I have a contact in my phone still "Alan Gong style Xingyi"

Latest Discussions