Di Guoyong Liang Style Baguazhang

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I think he said his teacher is Li Zi Ming. Li Zi Ming wrote a book on Liang Bagua http://www.amazon.com/Liang-Zhen-Ei...03/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1323175331&sr=8-14
It is a very good book I lost my copy. Zhang QuanLiang made a series on Liang Baguazhang. In one of his DVD's he goes over the difference between Liang Bagua and other styles.

http://www.amazon.com/Liang-Style-B...TW/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1323175331&sr=8-11
It is a 10 DVD set and I think Plumpub was selling it for $100. I think now you can find all of it on various websites which is great because Liang Bagua was not very well known.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
His Bagua teacher was Li Ziming and Li Ziming also taught Zhang Quan Liang. I have a couple of Zhang Quan Liang DVDs and they are not bad

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
I did not know or forgot Zhang Quan Liang learned from Li Zi Ming. I know on one of the videos the two man set he mentions it comes from Li Zi Ming so I think Li Zi Ming created that two man set. Which Videos do you have?

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I have Eight Door Conditioning and I can't remember if the other DVD is "Fundamentals" or "Bagua Footwork". I think it may be Bagua footwork but I will have to check when I get home to be sure

oaktree

Master of Arts
Reaction score
The 8 door conditioning was the second video I watched the first being the eight old palm set. The Fundmental one is good too. The thing that always sticks out from the conditioning video is the shaking the palms I think he says make them fly like Butterflies or something.
I think the videos are excellent and would help any person in Baguazhang. I think they may be difficult for someone to learn directly from them but I like them.
I have a Chen Xiao Wang video and the back ground keeps changing every 2 minutes so 1 minute he is on a beach then he is on a mountain top lol.

OP
Xue Sheng

Xue Sheng

All weight is underside
Reaction score
I would not recommend anyone learn Bagua from a video.

I got the 8 door conditioning when I was in Beijing since the guy I was learning Xingyiquan with at the time also taught Bagua and was trying to convince me to come to his Bagua class, it was I believe he taught Cheng style. However my limited Bagua background was in Yin style 8 palm and the other form my teacher taught me he called Dong Hai Chuan style...which of course does not exist, but after a bit of research I discovered it looked a lot like Liang style so I bought the DVD. I bought the Fundamentals recently as a refresher to what I had learned when I found myself once again walking the circle. However that stopped in favor of....now I know this will come as a shock..... Xingyiquan stepping and all its variations :EG:.

But back to the Zhang Quan Liang DVDs, I rather like them

Latest Discussions