Hi to fellow martial arts lovers!

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
My name's Jacklyn and I've been training Shotokan Karate-Do for 4 months. I am soon to take my test for my 8th Kyu in a couple weeks. Last year, in December, I competed at tournament and won a gold medal for my Heian Shodan. I am really in love with Shotokan, and plan to stay in it for the rest of my life!

Also about me. Got interested in Shotokan because of my being a fan of wesley snipes and his blade movies (which is where my username comes from) He is 5th Dan shotokan. Tried Shotokan, i did, in september 2009, and just fell in love. I also did 2 months of kenpo karate, but shotokan there's something about it that just is so - right. for me. of course the fact that I love the philosophies of O - Sensei Funakoshi doesnt hurt either! I love my dojo, and the people in it. Have the highest respect for all of them, my Sempai and senseis included. and they in turn adore me. So great family atmosphere in our Dojo.

also about me. I've a university degree in Bachelor of Arts (BA) with a double major in History and Russian language and Literature. so I'm interested in languages and history and politics and everything related to that. I'm also quite a huge hockey fan - my team is the Detroit Red Wings - even though they havent been the best this year!

I like to be on martial arts forums. I hope to meet a lot of you and talk with you about everything!

Best wishes, and nice to meet you,

~ Blade ~

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Greetings and Welcome to MT....

OP
Blade96

Blade96

Senior Master
Reaction score
Thanks!

I was doing a little reading around, little posting, and this forum has everything I could ever want to talk about....Oh my...I think I will live here! :)

seasoned

MT Senior Moderator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were glad you found us. Welcome and enjoy.