Hey guys....... Let's start a new member drive (good members only)

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score
Tell others about www.MartialTalk.com..... & have them come and join us for some additional points of views......

Remember to make sure and invite only the Best Kenpo People!! We want to keep the board clean and informative as it is now and make Bobs Job easy..... (the webmaster)./

Let's try to get to 1000 members by the end of the month..........:)

:asian:

R

Rainman

Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Tell others about www.MartialTalk.com..... & have them come and join us for some additional points of views......

Remember to make sure and invite only the Best Kenpo People!! We want to keep the board clean and informative as it is now and make Bobs Job easy..... (the webmaster)./

Let's try to get to 1000 members by the end of the month..........:)

It would be a good idea but... with the good come the bad statistically speaking. I like it that we have active moderators that help here to ban those who might here just to make a fuss- but I think you should ask some of your peers to drop by once in a while and strart a thread (especially Da Gung). Mr. C you have seriously peeked my interest in this man.

I think most of us have a repore so maybe we could just all gang up if there was a need for it.:idunno: We may get more people reading than expressing their views though. I say slowly and carefully add to this group- It is a good one- all of you, whether I am nice to you or not. :p

Michael Billings

Senior Master
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I apologize in advance for being a Kenpo Snob (but I mean this in only the best way, with all present company excluded.) It gets confusing enough on this forum right now. I would like a few of the Seniors on the other Boards to switch over here. I just do not have the time to go forum hopping, the way I see some people do. If we do encourage others, lets remember it is about quality, not quantity. The number of strings and posts now are tremendous.

Now Mr. C., I know that to some extent it helps your business and Association to get as many posts, to as many places, with as many viewers as possible. I frankly don't enjoy the anonymity that goes with a large group ... like say 1000 posters. But I know it is has the possibility of being advantageos for all of us.

I am in for the durations anyway, so my opinion is really irrelevant. It should get interesting real fast.

Let us consider the pros and cons. I am not sure we will hit the target group without some careful consideration. I want the number of threads and posts to remain managable and salient, but agree some new blood is always good (especially if it is not mine, hee-hee.) I do note that I do not see a bunch of EPAC Seniors on this forum. Anyone know why? Let's get them over here first, and then focus on size and number of "threaders", "shredders", and "commenters."

-Michael
UKS-Texas

:redeme:

Or am I doing this to myself by suggesting some screening. Yeah, I know the definition of "Public" ... and when you put that with "Forum" I guess it means we have a 1st ammendment right for everyone to have access and equal time ... but I don't have to like it.

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
Lifetime Supporting Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Heh. I like that. 1000 by the end of the month. :)

We have a lot of things in the works for MartialTalk and its members, alot of stuff I think folks are going to like. :)

The Kenpo section is 1 of the driving forums here, and is currently the most popular of them. More members actively participating would be a great thing, especially if some of those folks spread out and check out the rest of the site. We are looking at several changes in the structure for the Kenpo area itself to make it a bit easier for everyone to manage the massive amounts of information you folks are contributing. This includes adding 2 new mods, who will be announced shortly.

I appreciate the concern for not overwhelming us, however we're putting the structure inplace now to handle 10x the traffic.

In regards to being lost in the crowd, I wouldn't worry too much. Right now, about 20% of our members post, and 5% post alot. Being a regular contributor with quality stuff will set you out among the masses. Heck, only reason I have so many posts is I run things and answer alot of questions. I'm not a martialarts expert by a long shot. :)

As long as Folks promote MartialTalk in a web friendly manner (no spam, no annoying posts in other forums, etc) I welcome everyones help in spreading the word. Sites like E-Budo have 30,000 registered members, but still only have about 100 or so regular contributors. If we get 500 new posts per day (we're currently avg about 175) we will blow past them in no time (and I have a lot of respect for e-budo and the other forums out there. I just want us to be the best. :) ).

I don't think we'll hit 1000 by the end of June. But I fully see us at 1000+ by the end of the year.

2002 will be a great year for us. We're rolling out new features here, moving to a new webserver with more room and flexibility (and speed), adding 2 new mods and offering our members low cost but full featured web hosting as well as other services.

The skys the limit, and you folks are the ones who made all this possible. Thank you. :)

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
And, don't worry. We have no problems removing the trolls. If anyone has a problem with a post someone has made, don't hammer them yourself, use the "Report to Mod" feature found by every post and give us a good reason why theres a problem. "He's a jerk" isn't a good one, but 'This post appears to be violating rules. " or "Is this appropriate here?" are more constructive. We look into every complaint, and weigh out things on a case by case basis to try and be fair.

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Originally posted by Kaith Rustaz

We look into every complaint

We try to confirm that we have received complaints but even if we miss a confirmation from time to time--I hope not--I assure you that the above is correct: We look at every complaint and the mods. discuss the matter, in every case.

-Arnisador
-MT Mod.-

S

Sandor

I'll post the membership drive as a story on Monday morning(best traffic spot for the week as it will be up all week) on the CKF site.

Couple of ideas/suggetions;

Could you guys set this thread as a sticky so it stays up top?

Any of you guys know how to get an rss/xml setup for your board? ideally the ten most recent threads or the ten most recent comments(by this section id...) so I could pull the subject line and link for a slashbox on the ckf site.

Anyways, like I said earlier in the other forum, great work folks! :asian:

Peace,
Sandor

Zoran

Black Belt
Founding Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sandor

Any of you guys know how to get an rss/xml setup for your board? ideally the ten most recent threads or the ten most recent comments(by this section id...) so I could pull the subject line and link for a slashbox on the ckf site.

Good thing I just read this post. I was just about to ask the same thing somewhere else.

Bill Smith

Green Belt
Reaction score
I for one have viewed alot of forums, I have to say that this one is
one of the better ones I've come across. There is no hostile actions here. A very professional group here, with a lot of support
and information.

Your Kenpo brother,
Bill Smith - AKKI

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Theres a mod to set this up...I've got a personal issue to attend to over the next few days, but will look it up ASAP.

Yari

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Originally posted by Goldendragon7

Remember to make sure and invite only the Best Kenpo People!! We want to keep the board clean and informative ./

What about us that don't practice Kenpo??? :D

Naaa, just kidding. I'm all for it!

/Yari

K

Kirk

Originally posted by Michael Billings

I do note that I do not see a bunch of EPAC Seniors on this forum. Anyone know why? Let's get them over here first, and then focus on size and number of "threaders", "shredders", and "commenters."

-Michael
UKS-Texas

Maybe because on other forums, most anytime a senior posts,
some douche comes in with "Mr {Kenpo Senior}, you're full of
it! You're a Insult 1, Insult 2, and unless you listen to Mr. {Kenpo
Senior} you're way off base! EVERYONE knows that Mr. {Kenpo
Senior} should be the sole true leader to replace Mr. Parker, but
because you do *something different from my lineage* you're
watering down the art, and Insult 3! I'm X degree black belt in
the one true lineage, the lineage of Mr. {Kenpo Senior}, so I
know what I'm talking about, and no one else here does! :mad: "

I despise this crap! People like this are running all the seniors off
of all forums. I don't know that there's a task ahead of talking
seniors into switching forums ... I think the task is
convincing them to give forums another chance! :(

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
The more the merrier.

Invite them to check things out here. Let them know your experiences both good and bad. We try to make this as open a forum as we can to as wide an audience as possible. :)

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind us becoming the premier forum for Kenpo. :)

Course, since my knowledge of Kenpo stopped at adv. white, it'll take some folks who know what "bowing to budda" means and beyond to make things 'jump'. :D

Seriously, I'd love to see 10x the traffic, and if the experienced folks would be willing to check us out, I don't think they will be dissapointed.

R

RCastillo

Originally posted by arnisador

Press gangs for MartialTalk--excellent!

Wonderful,, I've joined the British Navy, and didn't even know it!:confused:

OP
Goldendragon7

Goldendragon7

Grandmaster
Reaction score

The more the merrier. Invite them Seniors to check things out here. If the experienced folks would be willing to check us out, I don't think they will be dissapointed.

Besides........ You have Ricardo :2pistols: and myself:erg: to MC the whole thing so that it doesn't get out of hand! He controls all the Tracy guys:boing1: and I the AK guys........ :boing2:

(and if you believe that :idunno: I have large patches of swamp land for sale.......):rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob Hubbard

Retired
MT Mentor
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Do you take Canadian Express? :)

And anyways, I didn't know you guys were controlable. :D

Seriously, we got a surge of new signups this morning, so things are looking good.

I really appreciate all the efforts you folks do to help promote MT.

Thank you.

K

Kirk

The more the merrier.

Invite them to check things out here. Let them know your experiences both good and bad. We try to make this as open a forum as we can to as wide an audience as possible. :)

In all honesty, I wouldn't mind us becoming the premier forum for Kenpo. :)

Course, since my knowledge of Kenpo stopped at adv. white, it'll take some folks who know what "bowing to budda" means and beyond to make things 'jump'. :D

Seriously, I'd love to see 10x the traffic, and if the experienced folks would be willing to check us out, I don't think they will be dissapointed.

How will you handle the people like I mentioned? Seriously, it's
like a plague on kenponet.

Latest Discussions