Here I am

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Good marning all,last friday I got my black karategi in a smallceremony from the hands of my sensei, thanks god the uniform fits me, well ....barely fits me, the jacket was fine the pants a little tight but I think they will loose a little with use.

All my life I've been using white karategis or doboks so I felt a little weird using a black kick ...ss (as you mentioned before) however two very nice things I reallize. a) the black uniform makes me thinner.... yes it seems conceals my belly pretty well and..... b) looking myself in the mirror of the dojo I look like Ed Praker Jr jejejejej at least the grey hair, the size, the weight,etc,etc.

Here I'am wearing my brand new karategi with my sensei, sorry for the resoluction it was taken with my cel phone.

Manny

Sigung86

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on passing through to the Kenpo side of the spectrum... LOL!

Way back in the day when I first began to study the only options were off-white, smelly, and gummy out of the package. The sleeves ended about halfway down the forearm and the pants ended mid-calf. Hard to be stylish in those days so we concentrated on good. :barf:

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
Congratulations on passing through to the Kenpo side of the spectrum... LOL!

Way back in the day when I first began to study the only options were off-white, smelly, and gummy out of the package. The sleeves ended about halfway down the forearm and the pants ended mid-calf. Hard to be stylish in those days so we concentrated on good. :barf:

From what I hear, you still don't look all that stylish ;) Guess you'll have to just stick with being good . . .

Congrats Manny! Always great to see someone starting off learning and taking to the art!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wellcome to the dark side my son........ Lord Vader.

Now I'm sort of Dr.Jeckyl and Mr.Hide,when I train TKD I wear my white and inmaculated dobok but.....when I go to kenpo classes I wear my bad *** black karate-gi jejejejeje,two personalities in one jejejejeje.

Manny

Milt G.

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Good marning all,last friday I got my black karategi in a smallceremony from the hands of my sensei, thanks god the uniform fits me, well ....barely fits me, the jacket was fine the pants a little tight but I think they will loose a little with use.

All my life I've been using white karategis or doboks so I felt a little weird using a black kick ...ss (as you mentioned before) however two very nice things I reallize. a) the black uniform makes me thinner.... yes it seems conceals my belly pretty well and..... b) looking myself in the mirror of the dojo I look like Ed Praker Jr jejejejej at least the grey hair, the size, the weight,etc,etc.

Here I'am wearing my brand new karategi with my sensei, sorry for the resoluction it was taken with my cel phone.

Manny

Hello,
Thanks for the photo!

Keep up the good work, and please keep us updated as to your progress...

Milt G.

Danjo

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
What kind of a Kenpo gi is that? Aren't there supposed to be a bunch of patches all over it?

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Sorry don't get the last replies, can you explain to me?

Manny

Tames D

RECKLESS
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
No red stripes yet? I thought Kenpo was all about the red stripes. :p

I was also joking. With your existing martial arts talent, I'm sure it won't take you long to earn your black belt in Kenpo and then the red stripes.
icon14.gif

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
No problem amigos, english is not my mother languaje so some times I don't get what you are writting about.

I'm fare away from be talented,I'm just a middle age man who enjoys and loves MA.

Manny

celtic_crippler

Senior Master
Reaction score
No problem amigos, english is not my mother languaje so some times I don't get what you are writting about.

I'm fare away from be talented,I'm just a middle age man who enjoys and loves MA.

Manny

Even for some people born and raised in the US, english seems to be a real mother.

You're doing fine. :)

mwd0818

Green Belt
Reaction score
Manny - I've always wanted to try out my Spanish in teaching Kenpo . . . maybe I'll make it down that way and see if I can make sense to anyone other than English speakers!

OP
Manny

Manny

Senior Master
Reaction score
Manny - I've always wanted to try out my Spanish in teaching Kenpo . . . maybe I'll make it down that way and see if I can make sense to anyone other than English speakers!

if you need someone to speak comands in spanish just ask me, gladly I will do it.

Manny

Latest Discussions