Help me out with the name of a martial arts movie?

Matt300ZXT

White Belt
Reaction score
Ok this is a movie I saw yearrrrrrrrs ago long before I even thought about training in martial arts. It was probably made in the late 80s to early 90s. The movie is about a guy who goes around a large city killing off various martial arts masters using their own art. I remember there being a fight where he went to the local kendo or kenjutsu dojo and challenged the teacher at night and killed him with a sword. Then there was an empty hand school he went to, probably a karate dojo, and killed it's master using his style. I don't remember what other arts the guy used but there was a detective or 2 of them trying to track him down....anyone have a clue?

David43515

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
Oddly enough I remember it. I don`t recall the title, but the bad guy was played by Bolo Yeung, who disguised himself as a painter with just the most basic beginner level knowledge doing murals at one of the dojos.

OP
M

Matt300ZXT

White Belt
Reaction score
Hmm, I coulda swore it was a white dude doin all the murda'in but either way, looks like a good movie...I'll see if I can't check it out. Thanks!

fangjian

Black Belt
Reaction score
In Tigerclaw with Bolo Yeung, the killer wasn't using other peoples' styles. He was only using his tigerclaw style. So I doubt that's it

ATC

Senior Master
Reaction score
Wow! Cynthia Rothrock was one of my favs as a young boy. Shewas from my home state of PA. I tried to see every movie with her in it. Shealso use to date Ernie Reyes back in the day for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Randy Strausbaugh

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
You might be thinking of Bloodmoon, starring Gary Daniels. Did the bad guy have steel fingers?

OP
M

Matt300ZXT

White Belt
Reaction score
Hmm that might be it. I saw the sword fight online and that looks pretty familiar...gonna check into that one some more, thanks!

SahBumNimRush

Master of Arts
Reaction score
Wow! Cynthia Rothrock was one of my favs as a young boy. Shewas from my home state of PA. I tried to see every movie with her in it. Shealso use to date Ernie Reyes back in the day for a while.

China O'brien!

and a fellow Moo Duk Kwan practitioner!

Last edited:

Latest Discussions