Hello (can anyone help me?)

This might not help. I have a Black Belt in Kempo Karate. Our school closed and there where no schools in my area in the system of kempo that I have rank in. So after not training for quite some time I decided to start training in Shotokan karate. I had to start training as a white belt went to blue in a year or so. I really found I did not like the direction of the school. So after talking to my kempo Instructor he directed me to a Chuan Fa school of a friend of his in my home town. I have known the Instructor of this school since I have been in martial arts so also thought it was a good idea. I have found a new home and martial arts family and again am starting new again though my current Instructor does recognize my rank in kempo and when we have promotions will not start me as I white belt as long as I can perform up to standard of the rank he choses to start me at. We only have promotions once a year.
Any way my point is I have found starting again has been good for me as a martial artist and that knowlege is really what I am seeking and rank comes with knowlege and skill. So even my Shotokan experience was good for me. So I would encourage you to not worry so much about rank and find a school that would be good for your mind, body and spirit and continue your journey. Not sure that helps but this is my experience. Hope that helps
Sincerely Rickg

Greetings and welcome to MT! I would echo the senitments already stated regarding the Japanese arts forum or the Karate forum and see wehre it goes from there.

Back