Hearst's Beverly Hills Mansion for SALE

Hawke

Master Black Belt
Reaction score
William Randolph Hearst's mansion in Beverly Hills for sale for a mere 165 million dollars.

Reuters

LA Times
(small pic of mansion)

terryl965

<center><font size="2"><B>Martial Talk Ultimate<BR
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Well for that price can they throw in a big gulp and a bag of chips.

Drac

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Now that would make a fine Dojo or Dojang...

bydand

Senior Master
Reaction score
Tempting, but it seems a bit cramped on only 6 1/2 acres. If only something that would be suitable for my lifestyle would become available. :)

165 million dollars. Good Lord, I wouldn't be able to afford the gas to mow the frigging yard.

MJS

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tempting, but it seems a bit cramped on only 6 1/2 acres. If only something that would be suitable for my lifestyle would become available. :)

165 million dollars. Good Lord, I wouldn't be able to afford the gas to mow the frigging yard.

Yeah, I know, that 6 1/2 acres is kinda small. I suppose it'd make a good Summer home though. Maybe I'll talk it over with the wife. 165 is pocket change!!!

shesulsa

Columbia Martial Arts Academy
MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Hm ... Is it not making enough money anymore? Who owns it now, the Hearst Foundation? :idunno:

Ping898

Senior Master
Reaction score
Hm ... Is it not making enough money anymore? Who owns it now, the Hearst Foundation? :idunno:

The seller, attorney-investor Leonard M. Ross, bought the property in 1976 and is now seeking "a lifestyle change," said his real estate broker, Stephen Shapiro.

Why in God's name would you ever want a home that big unless you have like 25 people living with you or something. Seems like more of a hassle than it is worth even at $165 mil.

Karatedrifter7

Purple Belt
Reaction score
Here below is who I think might be in the market for it.
Carlos Slim Helu
Mexico
Fortune: self made
Source: telecom
Net Worth: $49.0 bil
Gates wouldnt buy it. Its not in Washington state, and its not new.

Dave

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Why in God's name would you ever want a home that big unless you have like 25 people living with you or something. Seems like more of a hassle than it is worth even at $165 mil.

Well, the castle has been a source of income via touring. There are actually three different tours you can take of the castle and grounds. If you've never seen it, the splendor is magnificent! What was truly the amazing tidbit of info when we went was that about 75% of the original furnishing and decor was sold to settle debt. THAT MUCH SOLD and still SO MUCH STUFF!!!

I wonder if the new owner will continue the heritage tours or live in the castle? We will have to wait and see, won't we?

arnisador

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I thought this was a different place than the castle. Isn't the castle now owned by the state?

shesulsa

MT Mentor
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
Oh jeez, yeah. The Beverly Hills mansion.

I think that last bottle of hair dye got to my brain.

Latest Discussions