Have you ever had a funny karate Partner when he or she is doing technique and you startd laughing

KenpoMaster805

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I have this funny karate partner his name is jared when i does hi technique its funny and you started laughing so hard and i have this other karate partner her name is Daniella and shes funny when she does her technique she makes me laugh and im a funny partner my self on karate we all laugh when we do each others technique

Headhunter

Senior Master
Reaction score
If someone laughs when you do the techique on them you're obviously not doing it right lol

Bill Mattocks

Sr. Grandmaster
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've certainly done a few things that made my partner laugh. For example, when practicing basic drills using middle body side block, I've accidentally 'blocked' my partner's mid-body punch directly into my own face. Funny but in an ouchy sort of way. Also yes, obviously my technique was incorrect.

Reactions: JP3

drop bear

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
We had a karate guy train with us who was sparring a guy who was getting a bit cocky so he spinning kick knocked him out.

When the guy woke back up he tried to tell us he saw the kick coming.

And we all laughed.

Monkey Turned Wolf

MT Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
At one point my instructor was showing someone new how to do a RNC. There were (I think) 4 of us there, the new guy, myself, my instructor, and another guy with about 20-30 years of training. He asked me to help him demo, and had me say the pledge of allegiance while he choked me. So he's talking the guy through it, explaining what he's doing, and all of a sudden my pitch skyrockets. The three of us were expecting it, and just started cracking up (he let go from laughing and I legitimately fell to the floor, so I was actually ROTFL), while the new guy just looked at us like we were crazy. For some reason, he didn't stick around.

KabutoKouji

Green Belt
Reaction score
ppl sometimes get annoyed with me - especially in sparring type practice, as I do laugh nervously quite a lot lol. Not out of fear I don't think, I think I kinda feel awkward trying to strike people.

PhotonGuy

Senior Master
Reaction score
I have this funny karate partner his name is jared when i does hi technique its funny and you started laughing so hard and i have this other karate partner her name is Daniella and shes funny when she does her technique she makes me laugh and im a funny partner my self on karate we all laugh when we do each others technique

I don't laugh when doing techniques or when watching other people do techniques. I take my training way too seriously for that.

JP3

Master Black Belt
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've certainly done a few things that made my partner laugh. For example, when practicing basic drills using middle body side block, I've accidentally 'blocked' my partner's mid-body punch directly into my own face. Funny but in an ouchy sort of way. Also yes, obviously my technique was incorrect.
Once, I think I wrote about this on another older thread, I was sparring and my partner's head defense opened up as he started a spinning kick. At that point, I thought axe kicks were "my thing," so I popped one up so nice and fast that I hit myself in the nose with my knee, bloodying myself. I got him, but all that happened to him was a bit of a "Oofff" but meanwhile I had this interesting look on my face, I'm sure. He thought that terribly funny.

Not karate, but aikido... my training partner and beer drinking buddy Raja were always talking smack during practice. He'd regularly make some smart-a$$ comment which would make me laugh int he middle of practice. Fortunately for me, we were Not in karate class or I'd have been eating shots, almost certainly.

Latest Discussions