Gun kata martial arts- is anyone else a little nervous about this?

My fear is that there are actually gun nuts out there that will take this seriously and try teaching Gun kata as an actual martial art. *sigh*

I'm just having trouble getting my mind around someone taking firearms, the distance weapon par excellance, and using them as the basis of what looks like a substitute for a stick art.

Gun Kata = Arnis, except with Tec-9s insead of sticks...

Nope. Doesn't compute...even as fiction... :erg:

I'm just having trouble getting my mind around someone taking firearms, the distance weapon par excellance, and using them as the basis of what looks like a substitute for a stick art.

Gun Kata = Arnis, except with Tec-9s insead of sticks...

Nope. Doesn't compute...even as fiction... :erg:

Meh. The phrase "pistol-whip" has been in the lexicon for about as long as there have been pistols ;)

Meh. The phrase "pistol-whip" has been in the lexicon for about as long as there have been pistols ;)

True... but that usually takes place in situations where one of 'em has a pistol and the other doesn't. In that kind of situation, pistol-owner can do pretty much whatever. With both of them having pistols—maybe two each??—and getting in close to do hand-to-hand combat while holding a gun in each... c'mon, you gotta admit it's a bit surreal??!! :lol:

It's one of the first things I was taught but it should be common sense( why DO they keep caling it "common sense" any damn way) to begin with: If you are deploying a firearm, even a sidearm, distance is your friend.

Yes, exactly. It's sort of the inverse case of two 18th century guys getting together to have a duel with rapiers, except that instead of dueling, they get on opposite sides of a ravine, and each one throws his rapier at the barely visible other....

... can we get a name for this equally odd method of combat? `Rapier barrage', maybe?....

Yes, exactly. It's sort of the inverse case of two 18th century guys getting together to have a duel with rapiers, except that instead of dueling, they get on opposite sides of a ravine, and each one throws his rapier at the barely visible other....

... can we get a name for this equally odd method of combat? `Rapier barrage', maybe?....

Perhaps the Broadsword Boogie......no. No that was bad.

But yeah, I see people do this and to my eyes it's as though I'd given them a chainsaw and now must watch them try to bang nails in with it.

Perhaps the Broadsword Boogie......no. No that was bad.

But yeah, I see people do this and to my eyes it's as though I'd given them a chainsaw and now must watch them try to bang nails in with it.

:lol: Good one, Andy!

Latest Discussions

Back