Guess the Party!

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
Excerpt:
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico (AP) — U.S. authorities have announced an indictment charging Puerto Rico's governor with 18 counts in a long-running campaign finance probe
Story

Not a republican...

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
You didn't have to tell me he wasn't a Republican - I could tell that by the fact that the article DIDN'T mention his party affiliation.

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
You didn't have to tell me he wasn't a Republican - I could tell that by the fact that the article DIDN'T mention his party affiliation.
You aren't suggesting a media bias? Perish the thought.

tellner

Senior Master
Reaction score
According to its own figures the Justice Department has opened five or six times as many investigations against Democratic officials as it has against Republicans. And it has pursued, well, none of the ones against Party Members. Siegelman was railroaded on direction from the White House on evidence which later turned out to be worse than questionable. But it took Federal Court orders to even get him freed on appeal. They caught Spitzer using Patriot Act anti-terrorism powers and admitted that if he hadn't been a public figure the IRS wouldn't have even bothered with an investigation, much less anything else. Then they went after the mayor of Detroit using similar powers that were only for catching terrorists. Honest.

Yeah. Guess the Party.

They aren't even bothering to hide it any more. The Greedy Old Pedophiles are taking their cues from Robert Mugabe and Franco.

Marginal

Senior Master
Reaction score
The AP article did mention the party affiliation. Guess they didn't get the vast left wing the conspiracy email.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
I double-checked two different AP feeds and couldn't find mention of it in either article. Guess only certain reporters missed the email ;)

OP
Big Don

Big Don

Sr. Grandmaster
Reaction score
According to its own figures the Justice Department has opened five or six times as many investigations against Democratic officials as it has against Republicans. And it has pursued, well, none of the ones against Party Members.
Gee that couldn't possibly have any correlation to Democratic officials committing more crimes. No, that's silly. That is like saying more criminals commit crimes than non-criminals.

grydth

Senior Master
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who is disgusted at the extent of criminal misconduct, dishonesty and corruption committed by both parties during the Clinton - Bush era? I do not see how either would have the nerve to point fingers after what has been done/

Makalakumu

Gonzo Karate Apocalypse
MT Mentor
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who is disgusted at the extent of criminal misconduct, dishonesty and corruption committed by both parties during the Clinton - Bush era? I do not see how either would have the nerve to point fingers after what has been done/

You are not the only one. I think they are both beyond redemption.

Ninjamom

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Am I the only one here who is disgusted at the extent of criminal misconduct, dishonesty and corruption committed by both parties .......
No, you are not alone. What happened to holding public figures to a higher standard of accountability, instead of almost coming to expect misconduct from them?