Kirk

Someone will have to remind me of the title, but there was a
roof top fight scene with Jackie Chan, and this really tall
lanky dude. They traded shin kicks and shin blocks at a rapid
speed for a full minute (or two). Then they both finally backed
off, and took a second to rub their shins. :rofl:

B

bscastro

I'm enjoying this thread, but it might be because I figured out how to use the quote feature (or at least the first time I bothered to). :)

sho'nuff & bruce leroy... the "glow" fight!
This was a great movie! It was my favorite for a while and I had a tape of it, but then my sister taped over it with "The making of Gone with the Wind." Very disappointing.

mr. miyagi and john kreese (cobra kai teacher) traded blows in KK3. now that was excellent!
Actually, does anyone remember that this scene (or a similar one) was in KK1 in the theatre, but was cut out of all of the subsequent showings on t.v. and video? After this followed my "self-study" of Miyagi do Karate consisting of "sand the floor," "wash the car," etc. (but no paint the fence--didn't have a fence). Anyway, my cousin beat me up and that was the end of that. I guess I shouldn't have tried the crane technique on him. My cousin caught my foot and kicked me in the shin. Then picked me up in a fireman's carry, spun me around about a dozen times, and dumped me on the grass. BTW, I was about 11 when this happened, just so no one gets the wrong picture. ;)

Cheers,
Bryan

S

Shinzu

i think i saw KK1 in the movies, but i dont remember that scene. its been a long time also. i really enjoyed the series.

what about does anyone remember the fight scenes form "best of the best" or "no retreat no surrender"?

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Best of the Best had some awesome tournament scenes kiddies, but BOTB IV had the best hapkido of any movie I've seen. That inlcudes Billy Jack. It's one of the few movies to feature Hapkido.

P.S. Sometimes it's really hard to work "Kiddies" into a post :D

D

darkdragoon

Billy chow vs. Jet Li in Fist of Legend.

And of course Riggs vs. Joshua in Lethal Weapon. BJJ was right in front of us and no one recognized it. :soapbox:

Cthulhu

Senior Master
Founding Member
MTS Alumni
Reaction score
I've always liked the Brandon Lee fight scene bscastro mentioned. Brandon had a lot of good fight scenes in that movie. Damn shame.

Anyway.

I'm surprised no one has mentioned any fight scenes from either of Jackie Chan's Drunken Master movies.

The duel in Seven Samurai was excellent. No flash. No weapon twirling. Stillness followed by a quick and violent death.

Cthulhu

R

RCastillo

Bruce Lee, and Bob Wall in "Enter The Dragon!"

It doesn't get any better than this. Totally dismantled!:boxing:

I

islandtime

I just rewatched "Moonraker" (1979) a Roger Moore (James Bond) movie.

There was a fight scene with one of the bad guys (Chang) ln kendo mode going after Roger in a glass factory.

I noticed the bad guy was moving a little too smoothly for a regular actor.

Checking him on the net shows that he is 6th Dan in Aikido and is Toshiro Suga Sensei

You never know when they are going to throw in a ringer

Gene Gabel:asian:

OP
Hollywood1340

Hollywood1340

2nd Black Belt
Reaction score
Kiddies (Need to start using that again :)
I'm afraid Jeff has been bumped out of my number one spot. Jet Li in Fist of Legend, the dojo fight scene. That is now my favorite fight scene, with the TKD dojo in TPW comming in a close second. Just thought I'd let y'all know.:apv:

T

TLH3rdDan

i like the dojo scene in fist of legend but i also like the original with bruce lee in fist of fury.. another good one is the end fight scene in jackie chans drunken master... not to be confused with legend of drunken master..

K

kenposcum

Here comes my two cents...no particular rank order...
1)The sword fight scene in the temple in Jackie Chan's "Young Master."
2)Jet Li versus the LA Sheriffs throughout "The One."
3)Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris in "Return of the Dragon."
4)Sonny Chiba vs. "Junjo" in "The Street Fighter" and "Return of the Street Fighter."
5)Jet Li vs. his girlfriend's uncle in "Fist of Legend."
6)Bruce Lee vs. the Japanese dojo at the beginning of "The Chinese Connection."
7)Iron Monkey and Wong Fei Hung's dad vs. Evil Shaolin guy at the end of "Iron Monkey."
8)Bruce Lee vs. Bob Wall in "Enter the Dragon," plus pretty much every other fight in that movie featuring Master Bruce.
Thinking about this, I came to realize, I really prefer scenes where the hero takes on hordes of unskilled opponents at artfully disposes of them in with super-speed rather than the seemingly formulaic "good guy is winning; no, bad guy is winning, ooh, he's going to win; no, the good guy beat the crap out of the bad guy after all!" I'd like to see a flick where the evil monk wins, just for a change of pace, you know?:asian:

K

Kirk

Originally posted by kenposcum

Thinking about this, I came to realize, I really prefer scenes where the hero takes on hordes of unskilled opponents at artfully disposes of them in with super-speed rather than the seemingly formulaic "good guy is winning; no, bad guy is winning, ooh, he's going to win; no, the good guy beat the crap out of the bad guy after all!" I'd like to see a flick where the evil monk wins, just for a change of pace, you know?:asian:

You mean at the end? What fun is that? I like feeling all happy
inside after a movie where the good guy ends. It seems to me
that the evil guy does plenty of butt kicking throughout the movie.
I think few would (repeatedly at least) go see a movie where the
good guy loses .. unless he's a total dork! ;)

I can see it now, in The Last Dragon "Who's da masta?!" "You are
... master!" :shrug:

M

Master of Blades

Hmmmmmm...........I loved the Crouching Tiger Hidden dragon fight scenes. The best fight scene ever Im not sure bout but the best last year was the two ladies in the courtyard in Crouching Tiger. That was awseome. The weapons. And the great thing bout it was that it wasnt spead up that much! Im also a huge fan of Bruce Lee and I also like a lot of Jackie Chan ****. But I dont like Jet Li all that much. I just dont like the way he does it.

K

Kenpo Wolf

1. Mission of Justice; Jeff Wincot vs a whole room full of men, armed with sticks, and kicks major butt

2. Perfect Weapon; Jeff Speakman vs the three tkd stylists as mentioned before. Too bad the last fight scene with the big guy, I cant remember his name at this time, sucked

3. Best of the Best 2; I cant single out which fight scene I like best as I loved nearly all of them. We need to see Philipp Rhee in more movies, dont we?

4. Street Knight; Jeff Speakman vs big crooked cop in a warehouse. Cool use of thundering wrenches

5. Deadly Bet; Jeff Wincot vs a gang in a alley after losing his all he had in a a wager. Although the movie was lame, the fight scenes were excellent in my opinion